Terry the Turtle

Another illustration in The Mischeesevus Maxwell Mouse & Friends children’s book.
This one is Terry the Turtle.
The book is available here:

Attachments

Great work! Just out of curiosity - it’s based on your own concept?

That is beautiful! I would love to see some kind of workflow example. What did you use for painting/post-pro? And what did the image look like before post-pro began?

Great stuff.

I’m afraid I am not very good at getting a usable image straight out of Blender - still got a lot to learn.
On the other hand I have been using Photoshop for years and feel much more comfortable in it.
This is close to what one of the original renders looked like, then I play with the background, color balance and painting in and enhancing the image.
When I have that done I start putting texture over the top of the image. In this case I wanted a textured paper look and grunge to break up the 3D look - so in most of the illustrations there are from three to five texture overlays used in various modes, soft light, hard light etc. and also at various strengths all very low from 7 to 12% mostly.

I am a noob to Blender and I am finding out that a lot of artists do post render tweaks in other CG software. I wonder if there are any tutorials about this? I love your work!

Excellent work.
I also like the raw original render.
Bravo!!!

I like the style of this. Always cool to see 3D renders taken in a different direction in post, outside the box of standard 3D style.

Also, I like your “straight outta Blender” image - pretty good in it’s own right.