I have already created a thread under WIP games, but since nobody gave ma an answer, i try to post my problems here too.
Original thread (my WIP game): http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...-Alley-Arrival
I have a lot of questions and problems. I would be grateful, if the community would help me during the development of my game. If someone want to join, tell me.
- I have problem with the transparent objects (like the trees or the grass)... we all know that the BGE hates transparent objects, so if many of these objects are shown at the same time, the FPS falls down to 30~40.
- LOD ... since i have written a multithreaded level of detail script, which doesn't affects the main FPS (so it runs continously and fast and powerful enough to replace all he meshes in the scene within a frame, but the FPS stays high) ... BUT! this only replaces an object and just when the player is far enough from it's central point... because of that I must manage every piece of grass as an object to make the LOD look run flawlessly and make beautiful transitions between visible and invisible... (because one piece of grass is just one poly, there's no levels, just visible and invisible) ... the other reason I need every piece of grass as an separate object is the Billboard face orientation... (so the piece of grass will always rotate to the direction of the player... with this I tried to save polys) ... so I need a flawless level of detail billboard grass method ... or some advice at least.
(The "1. detail = 1. scene, 2.detail = 2. scene and then make cam to each scene and align the clip to eachother to make fake LOD" is very fast and impressive LOD system, but i'm gonna die while I position each of the object separately to each scenes)
- If I create low poly humans in makehuman, Is there a method to give them clothes? (The human modeling is my weakness... especially the clothing... I'm totally retarded in this)
- In blender 2.65 every material made with the node system is a lot darker... and I don't know why... although it's alright in 2.64 ... What is that?
- I have a fence in my game... it has holes in it, so it uses alpha. But if you observe it as you walking away, it's fading away too soon thanks for the mipmapping... is there any way to turn off the mipmapping just for one texture (the radio button doesn't work in the textures panel)
- The BGE custom 2D filters are the greatest graphical improvement method ever. But some of the filters uses too much system resource, so generating one frame takes more time (lower FPS) ... i would like to ask that is there some method to make a 2D filter run on a separate thread? ... I mean I made it with the LOD system... why would not work with the filters? I know that the only way to use a 2D filter is the logic bricks... but what if I put a plane in front of the camera and write a custom shader to it (which will be the 2D filter) and make it run on a separate thread? Might that be able to work? ... just thinking...
(As everyone, I want the maximum FPS with maximum graphic...)
- As we know and as Moerdn told us: One object with high amount of polygons is always faster than a lot of objects with small amount of polygons... The main reason is the physics calculations... So this made me thinking of two new questions...
1.: Is there a way to make a physics LOD ? (so turn off entirely an object's physics if it's away)
2.: If I make a lot of objects connected with compound (so they share bounding box) Will that count as one object in the physics calculation? Will it be faster? (STATIC objects)
OMG... I just wrote a novel. If you read it, thank you and you're awesome.
So guys, I'm waiting for the solutions. I would be grateful for the smallest help too.