Blender Guru Competition: Video Games

New comp! The topic is Video Games.

View the full post and details:
http://www.blenderguru.com/new-competition-video-games/

Create an image inspired by your favourite video game. It could be a homage to Mario, a remix of how you think Half Life should have ended or a tribute to Street Fighter. The possibilities are limitless :slight_smile:

The winner will receive:

View the full guidelines:
http://www.blenderguru.com/new-competition-video-games/

The deadline is the 4th of March at 11:59PM GMT. The winner will be announced two days later on the 6th.

Submit your entry into this thread by attaching it to your post or posting it as a link. You can update your image as many times as you like, but please only post it once in the thread. Feel free to open up a separate WIP thread if you want ongoing feedback.

Note: Forum members with a post count of less than 15 will automatically have their posts held in a moderation queue before being approved. Please be patient and do not double post!

This is gonna be awesome :smiley: I’ve already thought about the character I’m going to be doing! Good Luck to the Blenderheads entering :slight_smile:

for one of the best RPG’s ever! hope you like it:) qritique is welcome!

Would a crossover of two different game be allowed?

Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed

How much post-pro is too much?
lots of color correction?
combining render passes?
compositing the background sky?

You’re a quick worker, only about 10hrs since the thread started you’ve created a whole set of characters, new scene and rendered.
Some suggestions,

• There is no prize being the first entrant. You have another month to make it the best you can.
  • Start a WiP thread, there you can receive comments so you can then just post your completed image in this thread.

Now this one is right up my alley. Too bad we can’t use old images or I’d be all set with 3 of em.

Delete this :smiley:

This is probably the best topic so far :slight_smile: Andrew, I thank you!

Theme incredible, this will be fun!

My plan as well, only maybe not quite as old.

Hi all,

Here is my entry for the competition !

I’ve started working on an entry, I’ll post it when its finished :slight_smile:

What about video game adaptations of comics/tv/movies etc? Do they count?

Does it have to be a specific video game or can the render be based on a favorite type of video game (such as puzzle games, platform games, etc.).

Made a start on my entry, not sure I’m going for an easy option.

First time I am able to put my entry in as in the past Blender Artists wasn’t letting me post.

All of those things are fine. I just don’t want people hand painting in elements over a basic scene meshed out in Blender. That’s too much :wink:

Should be a specific video game.

I am sticking with simplicity to start with, maybe I will change my mind later on.

Any comments would be appreciated.

well I don’t know If I’m doing this right, this is my first competition after all and I am kind-of a newbie to blender but hey whatever. Here’s my submission

I hope text in a picture is okay

Edit: Okay so the quality is not max so that I could post the image here but if necessary I still have the original 5 mb image

WIP.

Added a shape key for the mouth, now plan to rig for posing. Had tried to get topology right, still not quite there, but its all good practice.

Any comments are welcome.