Microno's Blender (Model) Sketchbook

Well it seems that I have come to the point where I need to push myself further so I’ll start with a thread that I’ll try to post at least two to three models every week in order to:
a) Keep track of my progress.
b) Get some criticisms (replies, cheesecakes, advice, etc. whatever you wish to call it honestly).

So here’s a lightbulb and a sort of ship. (Well it is a ship but it’s supposed to be a flying ship made of wood and the ‘wings’ made of jade and the ridges painted gold. I messed up the topology so here the model stands with a full 'jade’ish material.)

Ship:

(I’ll try to post a better render soon)

Lightbulb:

A robot a modeled in an hour to an hour and a half. Didn’t really work on the materials but rather wanted to get the feel of it across.

I think the robot looks like it could be an interesting project. Will you rig it?

I would if I could! I’ll look into that sometime when I can… I’m terrible at rigging (anything in 3d). :smiley:

A sort of temple thing. I don’t really know… I should be more focused shouldn’t I…

Here’s a Kindle Paperwhite!

With everything it took me approximately an hour and a half to do. I think it turned out pretty good…

With Mist:

Without Mist:

All rendered in Cycles, the mist was added in post.

First ever head sculpt. Done in DynTopo. I used my own shader (Jade supposedly) to render it. Anyway here ya go.

Second head sculpt I’ve ever done. Based it on Hugh Laurie’s photos. Not a very good sculpt…

I had a burst of inspiration and decided to do a sundial! It’s terrible and would never work in real life but I suppose one can dream and hope right?

The key to being a good artist is practice I suppose…

Tardis!!!

Well long time no see! I’ve been busy but here is my latest thing. I call it THE THING (how original huh??). :smiley: It’s a sculpt done with dynamic topology just to get a bit of practice with the tools and the workflow. I was quite fun! :smiley:

It’s been quite a while since I put anything here, mainly due to focusing on creating a scattering emulator for the GPU as opposed to doing modeling and such. Finally I put in the time to start something and so I thought “Why not put it here”.

I saw this image while browsing the web and decided I’d recreate it in blender and see how easily it can be done:

It’s a tad bit more difficult than I thought it would be but I’m making progress, what I’ve managed to do so far is this:

The camera angle is incorrect, the cinnamon sticks are a bit off, the orange slices are too small, etc. but it’s getting there. I think the teacup in mine is a little shorter than my reference… :confused:

The camera angle is incorrect, the cinnamon sticks are a bit off, the orange slices are too small, etc. but it’s getting there. I think the teacup in mine is a little shorter than my reference… :confused:

With all respect to your self criticism - that’s a solid start and it is definitely getting there! :slight_smile:

Not a bad start at all! I want to see the texturing now :slight_smile: