Blender Guru SciFi Comp. Tunnel Scene

I also decided to join in - for the very first time…
I plan to make a tunnel scene with a futuristic car - i know the tunnel
itself should have something special, to get an interesting scene also the
car will get some special details.

So for today/night i just set up the basic scene to get the idea - nothing will stay the way it is…

You may want to take a look at the movie I-Robot. They had some futuristic tunnel scenes.
Some other ideas, add vehicles to the ceiling(anti -gravity?).

Thanky you macktruck, this was also my first idea and i have it on dvd - so i will have a look and try to do my own concept with insperation of the movie! Today i modelled anti grav. boxes, 4 of them arround the car, they looked tooo oldskool, should be integrated in the “car” first car concept with 3 wheels: (Shader lookw awful, because no objects to reflect)

Looking good so far :slight_smile: I originally had a similar idea to this :slight_smile: I’ll follow with interest!

Thank you peter - by the way it’s also my first WIP - so tell me if i should discribe something or post other pics, critics allways welcome! The last 3 hours i focused on the general shape of the car, thats what i got so far:

Progress:

• fixed the mesh
  • motion blur test
  • node setup test
  • street texture test
  • new color concept (what do you think - classic white or agressive colors?)
  • started modeling the interiour

next: groundplate for the car, concept for police uav, tunnel details and change shape

I think it would suit a clean white color, with maybe something glowing and blue :smiley: also for your node, try this and see what you think, might suit the scene quite well :slight_smile:

looks interesting! I will try it out with the next test render :wink: Thank you!

u might want to try this node setup. simple is good but i think this will be more real for you. It is based on one of jonathan williamsons videos, and i made some minor changes here and there. I think you might benefit from it.

Yeah! Thank you! Will also try this shader! For the last testrender of an 9 hours blender day :slight_smile: I tested out peters version - and i like it!! Adds much more realism to the car, a few more details and we good to go.
I also changed the tunnel - the long panels will be cutted in smaller ones…
I don’t like the street but it’s only a place holder
The tunnel is very long, but the camera give it a short look - have to play with the focal

Wow, that looks better than I thought it would :slight_smile: I like the tunnel design, and the car…don’t like the road tho…doesn’t really match the scene. Making good progress!! :smiley:

peters version is good but what he did suggests a single coat gloss or powder coat. what JW and my minor changes does is suggests candy coats that create different colors facing the camera and darker ones at angles. my maserati im working on is off white with a champagne candy with champagne flakes. i seriously suggest you try this. while peters is good, it has no control over IOR, which is what defines a clear and candy coat from poured plastic. it just feels out of place is all.

For even more control over colors at glancing angles, you can use a ramp node.

The road also looks to be a bit 20th century which somewhat clashes with the high-tech tunnel material (perhaps a road deck made of fiberglass or concrete would work better), the tunnel itself also right now just ‘ends’, the image could use a background as well as a buffer that acts as the entry ring or section to the tunnel. (separating the background from the main tunnel piece).

Thanks for your comments guys! This is my “over the night render” with small fixes and more tests and peters shader in white with an extra glossy note. I wanted to know how much samples i will need - this one is with 2000 samples but in a really low resolution and took 3 hours on my old quad.
I will take all of your tips and test every single one!

This is looking pretty good but I`d surely change the road texture. Is not futuristic at all. xD
Try this one:

or

Thank you AlinB! I think about squarish plates with little gaps for light sources as guidelines (don’t now the english term for the paint on a normal street :wink: My son is here, so i have to take a break - tonight i will try out some sticker or patches for the car. I give it a japan name “takeru” what means: warrior/mountain.
I build it from a sheet with japan terms - so don’t use this for your tattoo - maybe its completly wrong :slight_smile:
So corel time:

Feel free to tell me to stuff it. I like the tunnel and car models but… Many three wheeled vehicle are being built with two wheels in front and one drive wheel in back. Not only is this a more stable configuration it has the added advantage of not needing a differential.

awesome lightening.

@jestmart: I know this concept from a Toyota prototyp, you are completly right! Well this is the year 2034 - and i like the idea of a 3x3 electrodrive with a lot of power and a system that keeps the whole thing stable with software only (drive by wire). The rear wheels are very “fat” and should bring the power to the street (about 70% for the rear and 30% of the power to the front wheel)

@Kramon: Thank you - it will change from horizontal to vertical lights - i hope i don’t mess it up!

progress:

• new light concept (have to change it again, light from the side is better -> to many reflections from the ground)
  • new street, concret/granit polished squares
  • walkways on both sides
  • placeholder city in the background (random image of a futuristic city)
  • Thornton’s car shader (looks good so far - a little bit more yellow?)
  • camera angel
  • mirrors (they have lcd displays, 'cause you only will see your own car)

Next:

• finish car and put it closer to the middle line
  • a police uav or police cars (in my mind: 2032’ Nissan GT-R R39)

Testrender (only 500 samples -> 45min)