Morph to target mesh modifier is ready for testing

Hi

I made a modifier that lets you morph between 2 meshes. For now meshes have to same vert order naturally, which something I will improve later.

We have shape keys etc but this modifier does not rely on shapekeys, just a plain mesh modifier. It takes the previous modifiers into account. So it is sometimes possible to use against an armature as well, but the use cases are very limited with armatures. It is something I will work on in the future again.

It has 2 modes (through “use modified” flag). You can either use the mesh`s true geometry(non modified) against the target mesh or use the modified stated(after previous modifiers). against the target mesh. You an also use weight groups.

I do not have svn access so this has to be tested this way:) I am providing a Windows build. If there is any interest I can provide a Linux version too.

In any case I wrote it for my own needs, feel free to use it, test it, come up with request etc. It might be included in the Blender trunk at some point, or not. I can`t be sure.

MinGW32 Windows build (There is also a test scene in the zip file)

UPDATED
https://www.box.com/s/cc09vdzo5n7xiqa7e1wy

2X sped up version

Please feel free to move proper forum if I posted in the wrong forum.

UMMM this looks interesting the link is death

@tungee,
Selamlar. I am glad that you liked the idea. I also did not know about the python addon. I will check it out. Turning it into a modifier is much better idea also probably it will be less of a code. Although with pynodes that can change.

@kakachiex2,
Sorry about the dead link. I fixed the link. Please let me know if that one does not work either.

k

Thank you for this plugin. I’ll will test it.

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing when i launch the build

Hi

Sorry about the dll. Please hang in there while I add a new version up shortly.

edit:
I updated the link to new version. Hopefully no missing dependency ;(
https://www.box.com/s/cc09vdzo5n7xiqa7e1wy

I just added a rough demo video to show some use cases. Not the best demonstration but it could help with understanding how it works.

a very useful modifier, trunk could use this imo!

I know, I think so too. I need user support/voice here to get it into the trunk.

Very useful indeed, I would love to test it.
Btw I suspect the majority of people here use linux based systems and I just tried your build under wine but it doesn’t start.

Hi can you provide Linux version or a patch ?

Hi thanks for your interest, and sorry about the missing Linux build. There is already a patch waiting in the tracker.
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=127&aid=34635&group_id=9 (you can use V2 there)

If the build does not work for you, probably due to missing Mingw dependencies. I tried my best to make it an easy install however when it comes ot Mingw it is hard to guess what is missing. If anyone can tell me what it complains about I can try my best to fix it.

@Env, is it possible that it is missing user config directory under Wine?

Mm, no idea, honestly… this is what it says in the console:

env@env-env:~$ '/home/env/Scrivania/bl_downloads/Blender_morphmodifier_Kursadk_II/blender.exe' 
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT" (9.0.21022.8)
err:module:import_dll Library libgomp-1.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\env\\Scrivania\\bl_downloads\\Blender_morphmodifier_Kursadk_II\\blender.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libstdc++-6.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\env\\Scrivania\\bl_downloads\\Blender_morphmodifier_Kursadk_II\\blender.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\env\\Scrivania\\bl_downloads\\Blender_morphmodifier_Kursadk_II\\blender.exe" failed, status c0000135

Hi

I uploaded a Linux64 build(built on Debian64). Please let me know if you have any issues with it

https://www.box.com/s/v3bicxewcmpt8sxdl2ok
thanks

Thanks for the build, but:

env@env-env:~$ '/home/env/Scrivania/bl_downloads/blender_kk_morphtarget_Linux64_4_3_2013/blender' 
/home/env/Scrivania/bl_downloads/blender_kk_morphtarget_Linux64_4_3_2013/blender: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.1.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Btw, I’m under Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit.

It would be cool,if it were possible to morph a particular character or shape into another character. And then apply the modifier at anytime during the transformation.I would also like to morph a group faces individually into a particular mesh.I would like the option to morph whole group of faces or individual faces in a group.

EnV,

Sorry about the trouble and thanks for reporting back. I modified the Glew option. Please let me know if it works this time.

Please try this one
https://www.box.com/s/tx4pi4oucbmi2c0ihhn3

No, I’m afraid… :slight_smile:

/home/env/Scrivania/bl_downloads/blender_kk_morphtarget_Linux64_4_4_2013/blender: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /home/env/Scrivania/bl_downloads/blender_kk_morphtarget_Linux64_4_4_2013/blender)

Probably my Ubuntu version is too old.

Nice dude! I’ll get around to testing it some time soon.

Hi Kursad,
Congrats on the review :slight_smile:
I added a Win7 x64 build for the patch on graphicall for testing.

Happy Morphing
Cheer’s
~Tung