Character Animation DemoReel - Luciano

Over the last few years, i’ve worked as an animator freelance for different studios in santiago de chile, using maya.
About a year and a half ago i started my own studio where I do mainly blender (just because i love it).

And so here is my reel grouping some of my freelance and studio work, hope you enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/63274029

Some of my most recent animation in blender :slight_smile:

Merry Xmas:

Swarovski “dwarfs”:

Funny Bunny:

Molina Look & Rig Test.v1:

Some “going back to the basics”:

Ball & Cube:

Ball Love:

Love it, very cool, lots of expression and imagination. At 0:40 I’d add in the ‘right’ since the sync is so good up to there.

Very well done! For a demo reel, I might consider shortening it instead of adding extra shots from the same animation (I am referring to the ball and cube, and the tree and candycane man-thing)

Great work! Very believable characters :smiley:

the “right” is said by the other character that is opposite to the camera wich we of course don’t see.
But thanks!

Thank you for the comments, i usually try to keep up my reels not longer than a 1:30 but i don’t know what happened here, and well the ball and cube its because it’s a piece i enjoyed a lot doing and didn’t wanna leave it so far behind

But thanks, i’ll remember all this when i do an update!

Your demo is full of really good stuff! Congrats, 5 stars!

Is very impressive to see someone that has quit using maya in favor of blender and i admire you for this.

@@paulina
Thank you very much!.

@@ulquiorraad
Thank you, I’ve just given it time and it’s been a long process, but after about 5 years working with maya, and 1 year with blender (i started using it earlier for modeling purposes mostly but only started taking it seriously when cycles came into play) i feel really much more comfortable in blender for most things… and it’s more enjoyable to use, you see bugs and problems being fixed instead of in maya, you have to struggle for many years with the same old problems that never get attention and that’s frustrating.
Anyways, you should try and leave maya too

@Shadowrom thank you man!, I try my best :smiley:

Brilliant animation man :smiley: I’m practicing my animation right now and hopefully I’ll be as good as you in a year or less :slight_smile:

Really good work, I enjoyed watching!

Great Stuff here! I’m going doen the same path as you buddy! Cheers!

@Nathan.Fergusonit’s a long way, but it’s fun, if you need any feedback on your animation, let me know and i’ll be glad to help you out!

@Chosen_One ​thank you man, i’m glad!

New little animation!