Blender Game Making Challenge 8

Update 15-April-13:
The theme was announced, lets get started !

12-April-13:

Hey Blender artists :slight_smile:
We are 3 days away from the next BGMC, I just wanted you all to relax, take a deep breath and get ready.

A lot of games where already made during these challenges:

Abaddun
Alone with the shadows
Armada
Black and White Dawn
Bubble Hunter
D Kart
Defenceless
Dream pirate
Element of Ages
Elemental Maze
Free hugs (for Brains)
Get Away
Isle of wind
Longest Mystery
Mokazon’s Game
Moon
Otherworld
RFC 5414
Roby - The World is mine
Sky
Sky Pilot
Smuggler Van
Snow Element
Splurg Blaster
Stone Caster
Sunset runner
SuperStar escape
UFO
Zombie Massacre

And the developers:

agoose77
baag
Bagylender
BluePrint Random
C.A.ligári
Dinokaizer
Josip Kladaric
Krystof
MarcoIT
Mattline1
Mokazon
pqftgs
rarebit
Satoru
sdfgeoff
SolarLune
Sonic14
zorque TX

already proved that they can make a game in 2 days.

But this challenge is special, because this time they have 7 days. That means longer games, better graphics, and more fun.
The challenge did not start yet, it starts on the 15th, there is still time to prepare. I would like all developers who plan to participate to leave a reply/comment here so we all know each other.

The winner of bgmc 7, @pqftgs, will pick a theme for this challenge and announce it here on the 15th.

Exciting! :slight_smile: Will hopefully have time to participate

It might also be a good idea to mention this on Blendernation to get more people in it

Gotta
Join
this
contest

even if my idol SolarLune is definitely join this, I don’t care if I lose, I just want to make something really really fast haha, coz the one im making right now takes so long…im such a noob hehe :smiley:
I love SolarLune’s work on the sky theme :smiley:

HMm… team efforts are allowed, right?
I would assume it’s fine, but better to confirm now than explode later.

I’m game. Doesn’t mean I will 100% finish though. :wink:

Sounds Fun I might attempt to make one

I might participate but I don’t know if I’m able to fully finish the game.
But what are the rules and regulation and when can I start making the game?

You can find most of the rules on the Rules page on the bgmc blog. But there are no special/strict rules. Just make a game during the challenge and upload it so others can play and learn from it. You can start making your game on the 15th after pqftgs announces the theme.

I guess you could work in a team but then it wouldn’t be fair to others who work alone (because of the time limit). We should wait and see what others think.

@Mokazon
I planed to announce it on Blender Nation but I can’t open their website. I don’t know is my AntiVirus thing blocking it or something else.

duh, last time i failed in such a horrible way, lets hope i can find something i can make quick this time

man,
I wish this happen next month. I want to join in one time but the semester not over yet and finals in two weeks.

The same here… :frowning:

Good luck everyone who contributes! :slight_smile:

I’m in!
Pick an easy theme, pqftgs lol XD

I will participate this time !

I’m up for it :stuck_out_tongue: it will be my first competition and hopefully 1st finished game :smiley: so lets see if I’m up to the challenge :wink:

After watching the last one…Im going to participate as well !!! seems like alot of fun :smiley:

I’ll see if I have time, Would love to try :yes:

I think I might join in too. Don’t think I will succeed, but you never know.

Its great to see you all, this will be a great one. Use the time you have before the competition to lay down a plan for each day of the challenge, it will help you finish on time.
Example:
-Day 1 - Game mechanics prototyping
-Day 2 - Deciding a graphics style. Level design (on paper)
-Day 3 - Coding the game mechanics using proxy models
-Day 4 - Modeling and texturing main game elements, replacing proxy models
-Day 5 - Making levels and testing them. (Maybe releasing one playable level to get some feedback)
-Day 6 - Fixing bugs, optimizing everything.
-Day 7 - Make menus, icons, win screen, lose screen ect. Pack it and upload

I apologize to everyone for not posting a link to the blog :www.bgmc.tk
The only link to it was in my signature and that one has ads.

On the blog you can find some general rules, resources, and other challenge related stuff.

I think I’ll try this one!

Why not, its good test your self. In these challenges you quickly learn what are you good and bad at so you can improve.