Movies, briefly

Latest Render:

The entire series can be found here.

If it was impossible to go through the 80s without running into loud fashion, weird hairdos or disco, there’s no way you could get through our times without minimalist movie posters. There was no reason why i should not have done them, they were indeed a lot of fun. Maybe i should do more.

Modeled in Blender and rendered with Octane.
Feel free to comment and criticize.

Thanks

Anuraag
New Delhi, India

Those are cool. Great job.

Steve S

There’s something about minimalist-artwork that makes me giddy, and you sir succeeded! Can’t wrap my head around #3 and #4 though. Godfather just made me smile.

Shutter Island stars Leonardo DiCarpio and is about a former cop held at an asylum on an island. Taxi Driver is an old Robert De Niro film. It’s where we get the line “You talkin’ to me?”

Steve S

Everything about this deserves a slow clap… Clap… Clap… Clap…

I agree. Sure not as intricate as some other work on here but you just proved the meaning of “elegance in simplicity”. Also, i love the choice of movies. Shutter island wasnt my favorite due to the F’d up ending, but the movie its self was still good. Keep going bro. Plop and i will be clapping XD

Beatrix is my favorite…what can I say…well done on all of um…more please

Thank you, everyone. Was a lot of fun to do. Inspired to do more. Thanks, again.

Great stuff, how simple and so inspiring… 5 stars :wink:

Thanks for appreciating. Here’s more - a low poly space odyssey.

these are really cool

Cool stuff… Just curious, why Octane? It’s better for this kind of stuff?

nice - great material for a poster series.

great job! but I somehow miss spiderman :smiley: hah

Wow these look awesome, great job man!!

Awesoome, very creative. I’m very happy to see something different.

I’m such it took a great amount of effort to create these works of yours but honestly it’s too simple. Still nice though :yes:

Thank you everyone!

Cool stuff… Just curious, why Octane? It’s better for this kind of stuff?

I bought Octane when Cycles was still in its infancy and have been used to it ever since. It’s remarkably fast and easy to use. It’s a physically accurate GPU based renderer with different kernels for a wide range of realism levels from direct lighting with AO to pathtracing/PMC - so yeah, it’s good for pretty much all sorts of rendering.

Thanks

Anuraag

coool . nice concept :smiley: