Piero

I’ve been locked in a dungeon for 3 months producing a training course about creating this guy from start to finish: a model to lit & rendered animation. Piero’s feathers are a blend of 3 particle hair systems; 2 geometry and 1 strand. You can find the 47-part series here.

Blender 2.66-2.67b, Cycles

Final Short:

Hi

I can say only you create cool model that is so much great in all technical.

Congargulation

:slight_smile:

I’ll be checking this out as soon as I have time. I’m sure I speak on behalf of many here when I thank you for the time you spent in that dungeon :slight_smile:

Agreed MonkMonk, I can’t wait to feel wholly inferior trying to work this epic set of lessons.

Thank you Kent for spending your time to create this! Next $10 I get will be going straight to my next citizen membership to watch this series :slight_smile:

Amazing job ! The bird reminds me an old animated film : Valiant. The expression, the walk, the wings of Piero is perfectly animated. Awesome :slight_smile:

@JSaffari: Thank you :slight_smile:

@MonkMonk, Anthony C, Nathan.Ferguson: Thank you! I really hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

@LeopoldCdeC: I can’t believe I’d never heard of “Valiant” before! Just checked it out and I definitely see what you mean. Wish I had that addition reference when animating!

Amazing work, Kent!

looking good :slight_smile:
looks for BB gun to get some supper…

This is exactly the type of course I have been waiting for a full production on a cartoon animal…Thanks Kent!

@hype, ctdabomb: thank you!

@DarkLimit: Great to hear! I hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

I’ve watched the first part, next is the texturing process. Thanks for the amazing tutorial Kent :slight_smile:

you know Kent tremmel, this piero thing really just makes me sick, because of sheer overexposure to its AWESOMENESS :)))))

Wonderful series! I learned a lot. If you don’t have citizens membership over at CG cookie i would recommend you get it immediately JUST for this!

Great work my friend, very inspiring, as usual :wink:

Well done. The cookie and the leaves look awesome, very detailed featherwork, when the bird is getting excited.

Are those… wait for it… Blender Cookies???

Honestly, this is quite a tour de force. Congratulations, Kent. How many hours of tutorial is it in all?

Oh, great tutorial, I went through most of it already. And that bird has a really nice persona feel to it.

i should try the tutorial for this sometime

great bird!

This is awesome! can’t wait to have a look at the tutorial.