Robot Sima

Sima is a robot and he’s looking for a friend to sing with, but his song isn’t accepted well. This is a story about a new and experimental artistic approach and acceptance by the public. It also shows transformation of reaction on the same sign in different discourses.

This project is reliased entirely with free and open source software:

• Blender
  • GIMP
  • Freestyle
  • Audacity

ANIMATION TECNIQUE: 3D
GENRE: DRAMA, HUMOR
RUNNING TIME: 00:01:21
FORMAT: 19:6 COLOR
SOUND: STEREO
YEAR: 2013

More about this project at: http://igor.kekeljevic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=110&Itemid=536

I would be happy to hear Your critiques or answer on Your questions about this project.

hey, i really dig the combination of cartoon style + universal theme that anyone, especially kids can relate to in order to keep creative & open minded attitudes alive, also to breach / melt barriers in collaborating. Did u write it also ? keep up good work.

Yes, I wrote this story. I wanted to do every segment of production by myself, not because I believe that I some kind of a genius, but because I wanted to learn as much as I can from this project.

I had a mentor for this project, famous Eastern European 2D animator Rastko Ciric, which guidance affected a lot this project. Without his critiques it would be much more naive and rude.

I’m very pleased because this animation can communicate well with audience, because you successfully “read” the story. Thank you.