Audio Visualiser Add-On for Blender

Hey guys, been busy writing an audio visualizer for blender lately.
I followed the blender cookie tutorial on building one long time ago, but recently decided to make it into an add on, add more features and be able to customize thing more easily.
Here is an into video i made where i go over some of the features I got.
Let me know what you thing, and post any comments, questions, critique or suggestions below.

Here is the full song visualization video on my friend’s channel:

Attachments

This is awesome.

Indeed!
Any chance to test the addon i the current state?

Thanks!
Nothing to test yet, everything is pretty basic atm, so everything works as expected :slight_smile:
Thanks for the offer though!

However i did run into a problem of adding buttons and would appreciate any help there… here is the thread:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?304211-Panel-Gui-Problem-2-ways-each-has-one-thing-that-doesnt-work-whats-wrong
As you may notice i am using checkmarks instead of buttons right now…

1x100 grid with flat planes this time

VIDEO COMING SOON

Video is up!

gimme gimme gimme

Very much looking forward to playing with this.
My son just started mixing music recently and this would be a lot of fun with some of it.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Impressive stuff. I really like the Daybreak Cinema video.

blender needs a huge addon for baking sounds to f curves. I’d love to see a way of baking the whole 20khz spectrum of sound and then be able to assign individual ranges to objects. Takes forever to bake sound to lots of objects. Also a spectrogram would be nice too for isolating frequencies.

Thanks, lee!

@BrentNewton
Yeah, it take a while to bake the whole thing if there are too many objects and the song is long, and blender seems to freeze during the process (but really working in the background). I use audacity to determine the frequencies as they did in the tutorial, so yeah, would be pretty cool to able to do that on the fly.

I am afraid that all of this is beyond my level of knowledge of sound however, as all i am doing for this add-on is providing an easy way of arranging geometry.

DDD,
very cool visualization!
Is your addon available for 2.74? I went back to 2.68, but don’t see it in the list, even under “Testing” (?)

I found a few other visualizer scripts, but your’s is the only one with a tutorial.

Sorry, it doesnt actually come with blender, i never finished it or published it anywhere (it was just my local files), and sort of stopped working on it… I may (or may not) try to finish it up at some point…

Thanks, I found this excellent tutorial & this .py, and did it last night.:yes:
I’d post it, but may be copywrited (?)…“Cheerio Cheerio Baby”…looks great!

I don’t know what the difference is between yours and his, or
what makes a py an addon(?).

But yours looks really cool, and would like to try it if possible.
Or is it basically the same py, just different visual?
But the possibilities are endless.

6000 frames took ~6hr on my ASUS G73 i7 laptop.
I want to do it Cycles & Octane as well for more variety, and faster rendering
using a CUDA box I built. :smiley:

So no one can use this except for you, are you willing to let customers buy a version of your addon? TIA

Update (2015/11/28): Been getting a number of requests to release the add-on. This is definitely something i plan doing. My old website is down, and i am in the process of making a new one at www.deniszholob.com (atm pointing at my deniszholob.carbonmade.com portfolio), when it is up there should a downloads section of some kind, so stay tuned.