Light Cubes, 3D puzzle game

Hi there, here is my best game to date.

It’s a puzzle game.

In each level there are structures made of Blocks, Generators and Finishers.
Generators generate light of different colors. The goal is to make the light travel in order to reach the Finishers and go to the next level ; for that purpose, you can add Blocks that light can go through. Light can not travel outside of Blocks, and when light pass in a Block, the Block takes the color of the light.

There are different types of Blocks : Blocks that let pass light only in one direction, Blocks that return light in an angle, Blocks that let pass light once…

The mechanics are mostly done, but I didn’t do a lot of levels. I’ll maybe add more later.

LightCubes.zip (1.85 MB)

Simply unzip the file and start MainMenu.blend.
I tested it in 2.67b, don’t know if it works in 2.68.

Screenshots:

Any feedback is welcome:)

Wow, this is a great game, seriously, well done!

You have a unique idea (new to me) that is fun to play and rewarding when a level is completed. :slight_smile:
This is probably the most unique puzzle game I’ve ever seen from the BGE, and I think it’s pretty cool!

I think it really needs music, just a calm background track. Also I think the ‘help’ button should have a ‘solve’ button or a picture-hint! The text quality is not great, but the mechanics work very well and the game is interesting! I hope you continue updating your game, maybe a little more focus on graphics. :slight_smile:

Rated 5* for such a unique game. I recommend any gamers who like puzzles to get this game! You should put this on bGame too for more downloads / reviews.

Thanks a lot for the very nice and constructive comments :slight_smile:

It is not totally unique. I looked at the Wrectified thread, saw their 3d nodes and thought they had a

great idea. I started doing a system where information can navigate through blocks and ended with my game.

Yeah, it needs music, but I would like not to infringe copyright laws.
About help, I’ll maybe do a walkthrough video.

Next version of this game will probably have more levels and music:)

EDIT: Added on bGame.

EDIT 2: What kind of music would be appropriate ? :confused:

hi Pohatu23,

Great game. Great idea. I hope that you keep working on this. Add more levels. Give it a more professional look. This game has the potential to make it as a commercial casual game.

Good luck with it.

Clark

@cthames: Thanks :slight_smile: I’m currently making level 26. I added features and fixed bugs, but I need a good music before I release version 1.1.

@BluePrintRandom: I know your project, you can look at post 3 :slight_smile:

Well, if you want to contribute in any way, stop on by.

I am still learning the bge and python, but an pretty solid with logic and physics, and every problem falls faster when there are more people trying to solve it.

Men,air max 2013 pas cher, pull on a black crewneck Tshirt in a super soft cotton or silkcotton blend. Pull a thick sweater on top in wool or cashmere; reach for a shallow Vneck selection in a deep jewel tone such as emerald or sapphire. Add a pair of charcoal trousers and step into black leather dress shoes. Both bride and groom wore attire customary of the time: a simple dress draped over a shoulder for the woman and a kiltlike skirt for the man. During the fifth century, when the church became involved in weddings,www.vincentgallo.com/intro_links.html, the ceremony became more focused on wedding attire. Brides and grooms wore their best outfits adorned with elaborate accessories and the grooms were usually as decorated as brides. Start hunting ghost down. If you successful you are a ghost hunter. I will warn you again ghost hunting can cost you your life as well as the lives of others… 3. Dairy or non dairy:Whether you eat dairy or not,nike air max 2013 pas cher, when it comes to choosing dairy milk over nondairy options like coconut water or almond milk for your smoothie,nike air max requin, there is something worth considering. Dairy blocks the absorption of antioxidants into your body,nike tn pas cher, so when you adding a stack of antioxidant rich foods into your recipe, you want to get the maximum benefit. Brands to check out that sell similar looking items for lower prices. For example,nike blazer pas cher, try Banana Republic. Look for sheath and wrap dresses made from quality fabrics and classic pump shoes. Eyebrows McGee I know what you mean about branding. I’ve avoided a lot of the handbags I otherwise liked because they had brand names or initials all OVER them. To each their own, but it’s not for me. It started in 2000 for the new millennium and each year they add an extra orb to the Finder’s Keepers program pile. Finders Keepers is the official name of the program,nike blazer femme pas cher. Local glass artists help create the colorful works and if you don’t find one there are a few shops that will let you make your own to bring home,http://syskey.com.ar/web_test/dea_html_0000_header.html. Balance BarsAccording to “Consumer Reports,isabel marant soldes,” a protein bar should derive its protein from highquality sources such as milk (whey or casein),http://www.berlinnj.org/municipal-picks.php, egg or soy in place of lowquality sources of protein,nike air max pas cher, such as collagen or gelatin. It should also be fatcontrolled not derive more than 35 percent of total calories from fat and 10 percent of total calories from saturated fat,new balance 420, in accordance with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Both “Consumer Reports” and the BodyBuildingforYou website recommend Balance bars as the best highprotein, moderatecarbohydrate choice. ???: and then corrects itself. Krauthammer’s reasoning was this assigning two eggs daily did we’re a community nonprofit with a goodly number of disabled users when they really wanted to hug us.

One fantastic strategy that many new business owners overlook is the idea of offering something for free. A short informational video or report are good choices. Including testimonials with this gift can also be very helpful in converting new followers into buyers. A question will also be answered more quickly if it is in the maximum number of three category areas. The more general the category areas in which it is placed,??? ???, the more people are likely to read it. If it is in too general a category area, it may not come to the attention of a person with the special experience and knowledge that is needed to answer it precisely… An essential part of creating a sticky site is understanding one’s target audience. Before you start thinking about what kind of content or features might be valuable to your users, start with a thorough Analysis. An effective Analysis includes first determining who the audiences are. It’s a rare story in the sense that we think that while there are many people who have had to amputate or will have to amputate, it’s not something people are aware of in their daily life. It’s still something where it’s rare to see someone who is an amputee and a lot of times I think you might see someone who is but might not know about the disability. I don’t think I thought of it, it wasn’t even in my ether that it could happen to one of the characters on the show.". The other greatest source of carbon pollution is energy production. The obvious choice for investors are the makers of new, environmentallyfriendly technologies like solar panels and wind turbines. That is just the tip of the alternativeenergy iceberg. By,??? ??. I loved I loved being done on going all over Colorado on out of that stadium. I’ll tell you exactly it is says this like fourteen times an hour I love Ottawa,Isabel Marant Australia. Diana and her boyfriend dodi al fayed at the ritz,timberland ??. Talking with their driver,???. Then in the tunnel dodging the paparazzi,timberland ??. 1) Bandhavgarh National Park: This is one of the most popular national parks in MP with an area of 105 square km. Bandhavgarh is well known for the Bengal tigers and the density of the Bengal tiger inhabits here are the largest in India. Also more than 22 species including leopard and deer and 250 species of birds are the main inhabitants in Bandhavgarh National Park,Chanel ??. “I started to get a better feel for that as the game wore on,???,” Richards said. "The breaking pitch came,??? ??, and I started to work ahead of hitters. If you do that, you’re going to be successful. On the other side of the coin,nike ???, the British government state soldiers should not be eligible to receive military medals from other countries unless there was a specific service to a country and that service had to be completed within the previous 5 years. Another factor the government take into account when deciding whether or not to let servicemen and women accept a campaign or bravery award is if there is something similar already in place in Britain. In the instance of the Arctic Convoy servicemen the government states due to the fact they were all eligible for the Atlantic Star this meant they could not accept the Ushakov Medal… ???: the morning after not more followers" pack Toddler’s bag for daycare and live your life to the very fullest… Minya province