Italian lunch

I think that representing food is one of the most difficult things in 3D art. For sure this is not a 100% realistic illustration, but I am quite satisfied about it. The thing to understand is that this is a lot more complex of what it looks. Consider that it has 1.2 millions poligons in it. The composition itself is quite simple, but my focus was on spaghetti palte. So, yes, for me it looks not bad. What do you think?

I think you got a very realistic scene, you resolved the sauce very well, and spaghetti material is very natural.

What I find a little weird is that spring shape of sort that spaghetti have, I never saw it; though I must confess that in my own attempts I never reach results of such level.

Also, the basilico is a little too green and bright.

Last point, lighting has a green component that I don’t like, and which is not the best for food, I guess it’s due to HDR lighting.

I would like to know which method you used to model/dispose spaghetti.

Complimenti, davvero un ottimo risultato!

Ciao,
paolo

nice. how you made spaghetti?

The exploded wireframe:

Ciao Paolo,
you are right about spaghetti’s shape, I know it, but the fact is that to have the right shape (that we know well) you have to drop them into a container, mix them and move them on the plate and in a certain manner. I could have done it but in the reality this is very difficult, for the fact that the simulation, in the viewport, runs veeery slowly, and so, a so complex simultation is impossible, at least on my PC (which is also quite powerful).

Ciao, grazie

Rigid body simulation. They are made of many pieces connected one by one like a chain. Quite complex…

Ciao Guido,
yeah, I know very well how much is difficult to do by simulations, I totally failed on that, that’s why I wonder how you got them posed so well, and why they are so spiral shaped… but actually they are just two or three.

Anyway the final result is very realistic, bravo!

paolo

Very good result even if the spaghetti shape have something of maybe chinese noodles! I tried time ago but my result was very awful compared to this.
Questions: did you have followed some tutorial on how to setup the rigidbody sim? If yes is possible to share the link?
What is between the spaghetti and the sauce from the exploded view?
Then i would not imagine the time spent with the fluidsim…

This is insane how great it looks. I personally love the green basil. My critique would be the green lighting as well. The food looks highly realistic. Great job! :slight_smile:

very nice realistic result.quiet difficult process of understanding and modelling the forms.a little distraction is the green cast to the render.i think the hdri env.map can be desaturated with blender nodes.

Wow ! Amazing. A very realistic work. One problem is that the spaghettis in your plate seem too small. In my opinion they are much longer. And I think that the napkin folded would fit more with the scene… I mean the character we imagine, or us, who are in front of the plate didn’t eat it yet, they are waiting :wink: … But very good picture. :slight_smile:

LeopoldCdeC,
You don’t know it but, before, we had an excellent appetizer of ‘Crostini toscani e affettato misto’ :smiley:

paolo

All wrong.
The fork. On the left.
The knife. On the right. And it’s not a knife but a spoon you need to eat spaghettis.

Of course awesome picture. Congratulations!

You’re right, food is very difficult to representing and your result is amazing!!!
Complimenti :wink:

No, no tutorial, only following an idea that is quite complex but seems to work pretty well.
Thank you for your appreciation…

Esatto! :wink:

My wife said this to me when she saw this image. She said: “You are a fool, this is because you never set the table at home!”
And I answered to her: “Yes, but I can simply reflect the image if I want…”
About the spoon, I have to say that, in Italy, only babies uses a spoon to eat spaghetti. You have to practice more…:stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you very much to all the others…

Pasta is too curly and basil is too glossy, but overall it’s a beautiful render.

This is incredibly realistic! congratulations, what an undertaking!

I love the breakdown you gave as well thanks for sharing :slight_smile: