Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -valour-

Somewhere on the right side of my brain...

-valour-

-Valour-
    The biting wind whips and the white light scatters between dusty snow clouds. The ends of the Earth rear up to swallow the soulless legions in endless frost. Their programmed apathy towards frozen joints and long jammed weapons keeps them moving towards destruction on the desolate front lines. An exercise in futility some may call it- others, an elegant symphony of flawless warfare conducted like clockwork. The penguins tremble and flee. The whales beneath drone and creak the ice, forming, in a fashion, a soundtrack for the battles that rage across the frozen wasteland above. Shells land, the booms muffled by gallons of upturned powder. Brief flashes of gold and orange flicker in the distance among the cool shades of tundra. Is courage simply following instructions, persisting till cold metal lays to rest within the ice? There is no heart in the chests of these tin soldiers, only rusted circuitry laden with target acquisition systems. They bleed oil as their worn hydraulics sigh out one last time. When fear of death is absent, what prods this cold soldier onward? Can there really be such a thing as valour among the mechanized masses?

Title: Projekt Valour
    Build time: 1.25 months
    Size: 3840 x 2160 (2-3 hours, 1300 samples)
    Weight: 2.5gb
    Components: Concept art, music, literature, and a pinch of love all strewn together in a Blender and Photoshopp'd to look especially tasty.
    Engineer: fusobotic
    Commissioner: CG Cookie

Making of video:

Check out the WIP thread I made along the way: http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...Projekt-Valour

Feel free to fav and comment on DeviantArt: http://fav.me/d6odcmf

download nearly lossless 4k png: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...alourFinal.png

download the model on blendswap: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/70362

Made in participation of this contest: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2013/08/...ot-in-blender/

Please rate and share on your preferred social network!

Thanks to everyone who made this horribly detailed illustration possible!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.jpg 
Views:	962 
Size:	313.2 KB 
ID:	262064  

Last edited by fusobotic; 25-Feb-14 at 00:26.

dude that is sick. well done, I think you have a good chance at winning.
    Joshua Godwin
    Digital Sculptor and 3D Artist.
    Portfolio: http://www.joshuaart.com/

I don't know what but somethink for me is missing however pretty awesome work!

I smell 1st place in your future! Good job! It's well deserving seeing how long and hard you worked at it.

Looks great !
    My BGE Tutorials | 98 free nature Assets | My Game I'm developing | Website | Facebook Page |
    Stay inspired!

this is insanely good, top row stuff for sure. Wish I had the motivation and patience for creating stuff as awesome as this

5 out of 5. i have nothing more to say.

@fusobotic Simply Amazing! 5 Stars and Feature Row destine!

Hey, this is finally finished. I was watching your wip.
    Awesome stuff man. Great final image.
    Happy Blending!
    My portfolio
    Google +
    Twitter

Fantastic work. I whish you good luck in the competition!

Hi, good work.

Just one thing that hurts me : the rifle seems very "clean" (modelling and texturing). It "pops" from the overall mood and sculpt. Again, it's my opinion.
    Portfolio : artstation | cgsociety

Very very well done -- excellent work!

Awesome , i followed you WIP post , that was great . like your works. and i'm intersted to see you next works.

Excellent work

Somewhere on the right side of my brain...
    Update: uploaded to blendswap

@BlenderMagician, Kramon, Shakquan, Thatimster, jjjuho, kohg, nevbms, AlinB, minoribus, ookka, HanClinto, and sumoLondo... THAAAANKS SO MUCH! You guys are some of the coolest cats/ocelots ever, and I hope I inspired you to go out and create stuff even more mind-blowing!

@ookka specifically: I do regret not putting as much work into texturing the assault rifle. But in a way it contrasts the abused arms and the rest of the character. I did add some frost, and glow to the barrel. If I'd had more time I would have gone in and scratched it up, added some decals etc. Firearms and weapons are an art in and of themselves IMO, and it's hard to have something of your own design that looks believable. I think it turned out alright in spite of it, though it does attract some attention.

Great work dude! I would love to download the blend from Blendswap to check out the model further, but looking at the polycount my computer would probably explode.

I followed your WIP Thread on a daylie basis...really love the final render! Looks like a Painting! Thmbs UP!

How come this has not made it yet to the feature gallery...

WOW! The texturing is amazing. How long have you spent for the complete image?

This is absolutely amazing. I hope someday that I can reach this level. Was it hard to do the textures and set up the normals in cycles? And wow did you model the background machinery as well or just paint it? Also how many polies? Fantastic work

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast