Super Blenderello

Hello,

My name is Alex, aka Albron. I’m a french guy, living in Paris.

This is my first post here, I’ve watched a lot the thread here but never dared to share my work.

I’m starting a new character from scratch, mainly to have a clean topology.
So I bought Blenderella and started to create a Blenderello… But an athletic one. :slight_smile:

I’m not working with face and front images reference but with several male models pictures that I use as inspiration and of course reference.

This is a WIP so the topology might change.

If you see anything wrong, don’t hesitate to tell me, I’m here to learn ! :slight_smile:

Alex

Last update :

Attachments

1 Like

Hi Albron, my suggestions are based upon the following images

http://cghub.com/images/view/238803/

and the anatomy studies I’m currently making in order to improve my human body knowledge too.
I think you should lower the head a bit cause the neck is a little too long and work on the shoulers that are too far from the center of the body and attached too mush behind the arm.
Hope to be useful.

Attachments

Very cool looking dude, I think you should not shorten his neck, he looks great. Is blenderella dvd worth buying? Comprehensive, easy to follow?

I like it!

Looks sort of like, a super hero, I’m not sure if thats the kind of look you are going for but, I’m getting a slightly stylised look from it, thats probably what Stefano is referring to. (the broader shoulders, and the thick long neck).

Are you going for realism?

Iv been thinking of inventing my own super hero and modelling him in Blender, Your post will be so useful for topology! XD can’t wait to see more!

How much would it take for you to do your version of blenderello as a tutorial? really serious!

Looks like fantastic topology work to me. Can’t wait to see more.

Bones with muscles on them with a layer of fat and then skin. The layer of fat between the muscles and skin smooths out contours and fills in spaces between muscle bundles. Here is what I’m looking at: the chest, shoulders and upper arms are nicely covered with about 15% to 18% body fat (especially the chest) while the abdomen is covered in a thin, maybe 8% to 10% layer. This is not how human physiology works. Fat percentage is the same all over the body. If you are going to keep the rounded and smooth chest, shoulders and arms, smooth out the abs. If you are going to give him a nice ‘6 pack’, make sure the shape of the other muscles are well defined too.

Blenderello? I never heard of that one before.

Thanks for your replies, guys !!! :slight_smile:
Blenderello ? Well it was just a little joke from the Blenderella tutorial I’m following to do this… Well, I followed it for the face mostly, and now for the hands.
So, no, I won’t do a tutorial of this, when I’m actually following an existing tutorial to do it !! :slight_smile:
Orinoco, thanks for that note !! I didn’t notice that kind of thing. The first idea was not to have something too realistic but as I’m working on, the realistic touch is quite funny to add.

This is just a little update of the torso. I’ve changed the topology to be more adapted to the muscle structure.

I think it might be useful later for the sculpt of detail and to reajust the posing.

Curious to have your opinion of this… I don’t know if it’s the right direction.

Thanks for your comments !! :slight_smile:

Dns_di, well, blenderella is quite easy to follow yes… It’s just that at first, it’s very slow… And suddenly, the timelaps are veeeery fast, and you can easily miss a step if you want to follow her topology (for the face especially…).

But otherwise, there’s a lot of good tips that I didn’t know, so just for that, it’s worth buying !! :slight_smile:

And Stephano, thanks for the draing, but no, I won’t follow your advise. I want a little of stylisation with this characters… And I love long necks and broad shoulders ! :wink: Sorry !! :wink:

1 Like

No tutorial? Okay, I see what you mean. However, still one can dream…

Hello everyone !!

I was able to advance yesterday and today on my man ! :slight_smile:
I did the back and began the legs.
And I made some modifications of the deltoids and the chest, trying to homogenize the flow of edges… But it’s quite complicated ! :slight_smile:

I’m just realizing that the legs are a little to dense in vertex… I’ll fix that.

Always curious to have your opinion on that. I hope I’m going in the right direction.

Take care and good blends, :wink:

Alex

1 Like

Your model is looking great so far, albron! I think the style is very appealing. I like the exaggerated proportions, I think they are fitting for a super hero type of character.

And I simply admire the well formed and gentle edge flow. Very well :slight_smile: I can imagine that these will bend nicely, when he is rigged.

Minoribus, James, thanks ! Happy you like him ! :slight_smile:

Here’s where I am with him for now… I’ve redone a lot of stuff and go on with the legs and calves. I changed the shape of the head, the torso, the topology of the neck, of the legs… And the global proportions.

Quite impatient to finish the topology to go into the sculpt… :wink:

Alex

2 Likes

It looks great so far :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see the complete model either :smiley:

At least show us where did you get your reference from?

Thanks Kagi !! :wink:

Jmusicvibe, what kind of reference would you like to see ?
I’m working using mostly pictures of fitness models and bodybuilders, and also using Mara3D of David Giraud. It’s an excellent tool to understand anatomy.

Hello guys,

Here’s where I am in my project. I finished the modeling of my guy, I’ve unfold the UVs and rework them, trying to have the most homogeneous unfolding.

I think it’s ok. Don’t hesitate to tell me if you see something wrong.

Alex

1 Like

Hey Albron, awesome modelling! Your topology looks fantastic! I love the giant proportions too - one comment from me about the shoulders - if you want them that wide I think you should consider widening his body a little - especially around the latissimus dorsi muscles beneath his arms?

Keep up the awesomeness dude!

Pelvis seems a little too narrow. You might want to check the dimensions across the hips. Might just be due to his large delts.