Low Poly Genius SP-HF500A- WIP

Hi again guys and gals!

I started doing this a few weeks ago as a resource for the future, still needs to get the actual tweeter and bass cone done, plus a few other bits. But still I think it would be a great asset for any scenery as it is, because it’s a very low poly, it doesn’t even reach 80k faces for the whole thing so far.

Any opinion/suggestion/critique is more than welcome.

I wouldn’t call that low poly by any standards, don’t get confused between what a low poly, SubD and base mesh is. Low poly would imply that it has been optimized for a game engine, and thus it’s ready for exporting.
It does depend on the asset, but 80k faces is more likened to that of a detailed vehicle model in low poly terms, than a speaker.

Good work none-the-less, it looks solidly modeled!

Thanks Netroxen for the clarification, my confusion with some terms I believe comes from doing basic online tutorials to get the hang of the UI and then deciding to give it a shot on my own as most of the Tuts out there are either too basic or I find that they not convey the modelling process in a clear and easy to understand manner. I must say that Andrew Price’s tuts and a few other intermediate to advanced ones (I know they are a beyond my level in Blender) have helped me a lot also reading a lot of questions raised here in BA.

Your explanation made me understand it. After that I went back to the model and noticed that most of the faces are coming from over faceting in the volumen and tone buttons. I’ll post an updated model whenever I can.

Glad you liked it! Thanks

Update…after your wise comments and me checking the mesh I remade the buttons and I am adding the speaker cones and mini jacks for the headphones and mic. I am pleased to say now that the whole thing has now a little over 2500 faces altogether

Reminds me of my fathers 1960’s JBL’s. Nice job

Thanks @squidmole, this project has taken a backseat as the F16 has taken much of my free time. I promise I’ll come up with something to incorporate this into a scene.

Really nice work. I was going to comment that the corners are maybe a bit too sharp-edged, but after having a look at some reference shots, it seems the real deals have pretty sharp edges.

Thanks @cediorio if you check my Sketchbook you are going to see it was probably one of my first work in Blender, so many flaws in it. Only good thing is that I have these speaker plugged in my PC and I can check any mesh problems…also I say that I might return to them later on, this was because I wanted to learn more before revisiting them :D.
Again thanks for popping in!