BMW M6 coupe

While my challenger project is stuck in it’s current stage, I felt the need to model something, and the next project on my list is a BMW M6 coupe. I don’t really like having multiple projects going on at once, or at least I say I don’t, but I always do :stuck_out_tongue:
Enough talking for now,
ctdabomb

—thread thumbnail—

Here is my progress:
rim:

and hood:

Topology looks good, looking forward to seeing more. :RocknRoll:

started on the side, but I might have to redo it, there might be a couple bumps.

Some more stuff done.

Started work on the front:

I started on the rear. There are several spots though I am not to happy with.

Is there any chance of seeing some wires? I’m looking at helping you with the bumps. :slight_smile:

Sure, wires are below. I have added some things, and made some modifications, mainly to the rear.

looks nice for now, keep going this time then :slight_smile:

Ghilas Hardgeek, thanks. I don’t like unfinished projects either :wink:

I modelled that little side thingy. Sorry for the poor screenshot.

I also got some more work done on the front:

you sould sharpen this edge :

EDIT : see this to get the idea :http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/2013_BMW_M6_coupe_--_2012_NYIAS.JPG

Thanks for pointing that out, it should be fixed. I did some more modelling on the front, and added that little square indent thingy, but it added some bumps so I might just use a normal map or something for it in the renders.

A couple of screenshots to see where I am with the whole model.

Looks good - if you add a reflection map it’ll be easier to spot bumps. Your rear bumper looks a little bumpy under the rear lights and between the wheel well and exhausts.

Yes it coming together very nice. Did you modeled the car in one piece or you model every part by itself ?

Thanks, I am aware of the issues near the taillights, that area will need a bit of work. I don’t know exactly where you mean, but I will take a look at the other spot you mentioned.

Thanks, it’s a mix of both, I try to get the shape done, and then detailing, but that doesn’t happen some/most times. Then I start right in with the details in an area, and try to get it to look right.

More soon,
ctdabomb

here is the wheel. the tread isn’t the best, but it will do… I might just redo it.

I added the tires to the model, and attempted to fix the bumps by the taillight.