3D mouse settings

Hi all,

Posting my 3dconnexion settings here for any ideas people might have. After some kookie results these seem to be the best I’ve found so far, though panning only works with a qualifier key :frowning:

If anyone has ideas on how to get more out of this device I’d love to hear from you!

I’m using a MacPro 3,1 OSX10.7.5, + one of the latest 10.69 builds atm.

By and large these ended more or less defaults, despite the difficulties I had at first…

I find it easiest to manage at the moment if I’m only dealing with one axis at a time.

Again, messed with these but ended up at defaults. With turntable L-R tilt doesn’t work on 3dmouse.

cont…

Pivoting can be a bit unpredictable, but this seems to work most of the time.

And lastly, I use the Blender NDOF settings popup (by clicking the left button on the device) to tweak preferences to my liking. I prefer to approach it as if holding the 3dmouse is analagous to holding the model, so have made my settings here reflect this. YMMF :slight_smile:

Hope this all helps someone, and yeah, looking forward to having panning (L-R, U-D movement with my settings) workable without having to use a shift key.

Please let me know if I’m just missing something to get this to work.

Cheers!

In Windows Blender completely ignores any settings you make in the 3DConnexion configuration menu. Even if you create a Blender profile, the settings will be ignored. I do not have a Mac to confirm if it acts the same under OSX or not. Either way, you are correct that you should let the driver remain in default, and make any changes (axis inversion, sensitivity, etc) inside Blender’s menus.

Yeah I think you’re right about that. I thought the profile worked, but I think I was deluded :slight_smile:

can u show us best settings now?