Sea Wolf - Pierre Ghilode's (of Gobliiins fame) Character

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share with all this characters I’ve been working on for the last moth.

Its a character based on concepts by the great Pierre Gilhodes, awesome creator of super eccentric and charismatic characters, moreover he’s the artist responsible for the art of some of my favorite classic adventure games like the ones from the Goblins Series, and Woodruff.

These games are filled with bizarre characters and good humor, the people that actually have played them will know what I’m talking about. For those who don’t I invite you to check them out. Even if pixelated and old, they are still lots of fun.

I Feel that I’ve gotten him close to what I originally wanted, there is always ,of course, always room for improvement , but I wanted it to share it with you guys to see what you think about it.

By the way, this is a link to Pierre Gilhodes’s Blog to the original character I’m basing my model on.

Thanks in advance for your comments…

Jorge

Whoa ho, That’s an adam’s apple for you! Nice work!

:open_mouth: great work!, awesome composition, I like how you used the light.

Great picture! I really like the skin and especially the adam’s apple.

Oh, yeah.
Great work!

Material, color, and light bring well in together, good job !

This is killer! Outstanding work, 5 stars here :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments guys. I’m super glad you liked it.
I might in the future do something else with it, maybe rig it and do some animation test or something… well see.

In the mean time here I have some snapshots of the progress on it… if anybody is interested.

wow, what a character! love him :slight_smile:

Thanks Doris glad you liked my effort.
All the credit on the character design though, goes to: Pierre Gilhodes.

yes, i understood that, but you translated the design so well in 3d, not an easy task…

Hehe, maybe I over-stressed my non-authorship over the original character to overcompensate the slight jealousy I sometimes feel towards illustrators and all the cool characters they develop.

More often than not, when I start a project, I want to do something original, my very own character, you know… but after 5 minutes of research on all the cool characters people post on the interwebs I give up on my modest characters, and I just pick something super cool from one of the luminaries on pinterest or wherever.

But always I feel a little guilty for giving up on my guys… hahahah.

I Guess its just a matter of just keep doing it until you get better, no ?

Anyways… thanks for your comments again doris.

well, I am a noob about navegate in forum, and casually I found your work in finish projects. I support much to Doris, about to make a very good representation of the 2d to 3d, you have achieved and that means you have highly developed artistic skills :yes:

jorge your work is excellent, I wish you much success in the competition :cool:.

Thanks for your comments Jose. By the Way I really liked your Super Meat Boy Scene, Good Job and congratulations on your honorable mentions on the contest :wink: