1980 Cadillac

Hello,

after a long period of modelling and tweaking the renders i can now proudly present my finished cadillac :slight_smile:
Here some studio renders:

I had to compress them as JPGs because the PNG (of the interior) exceeds the file size limit. The actual thumbnail here seems to be compressed again(!) so please make sure to view the full jpg. That has no visual difference to my original png.

Will post some hdris (for completeness) in next post.

And here are some hdri renders:

i must say really impressive car. i followed you for a while in you critique thread, and all the stages were awesome. there are some errors but i think you can call it done :smiley:
i absoutely love your car, and hope someday i will be able to model like that… :wink:

@f3l1x

thank you, i really appreciate this ! :slight_smile: That keeps me motivated to continue, when i find some time to do so.

You did a great job on this scorpion, congratulations on calling it done!

@harleynut97 and f3l1x:

Thank you for the support and the patience of following my WIP and focused critique threads :slight_smile:

These last two shots are amazing, great job!

@Chosen One

Thank you, glad you like them :slight_smile: What about the studio shots ?

After such a long period of work, it’s good to see your work posted in the Finished Projects section, scorpion! With all the great details, it would be great to see an animation with the vehicle one day! Perhaps even rigged and driving along a path. It certainly looks real enough to be believable!

You forgot to post here the best (imho) shot: the desert one, #15 :wink:

@James Candy

Thank you for your kind post ! Hmm an animation would surely be a great idea. Unfortunately i dont have as much time left for blender as i would like… And about rigging… i possibly would need to model the bottom of the car and the proper wheel “attachments” to the car body as well for that… but you cant see those parts by default here, unlike in the cool mercedes benz from 1929 (currently in feature row). Otherwise… i just rotate the front wheels around the z axis… :slight_smile:

@mik1190

Yeah, I could have posted that here as well. Glad you like it ! I was not so satisfied with it…

It’s beautiful, the hdri renders are fantastic – I, too, like the desert one mik1190 linked in post #10.

@MargaretToigo

Thank you very much :slight_smile: Glad you like my cadillac model and renders !

WONDERFUL modelling, this is excellent. Quick question though. Did you render this in Cycles? If so, how did you get a plane to show the car’s shadows, but not show up in an actual render?
Thanks

Toatally loved the interior modelling. Those hdri shot are realistic to me.Really impressive and an excellent job.

@sdighe, Time Keeper

Thank you very much for visiting my cadillac thread :slight_smile: I am very happy you like my model and renders.

The ground beyond the car is a simple plane, its material and the world share the same hdr texture. You need to flip the reflection around 180 degrees, and tweak the color of the ground plane to match the background so the plane gets invisible for the eye. At other hdrs you might want to tweak the rotation of the hdr as well (world and ground) to match the desired camera angle better. But this has limits as well, due to the chosen hdr texture. I have posted my node setup for the ground plane and the world here. Hope its all readable enough in full size.

How long have you been using Blender?

Thanks for sharing the node setup! I’ve been trying to find an effective way to integrate my models into an HDRi background for awhile, I’ll definitely give this a shot :slight_smile:

Really great work you did there scorpion.