My Male Anime Character(Honest Feedback Please)

I started this character a few weeks ago and I have been working on it little by little using a new technique is based off the heads tall measurement. The way I did that is to take a cube and make it where it’s close to the size of the head from the height and width and then add a array modifier to put the count to 6 making my character 6 heads tall.

My Goals:

are to better understand how to make clothes for my Anime Characters

improve my technique for making hair and eyes

I will be trying to Make Time-lapses of each thing I make.

Hands And Feet Timelapse

Attachments

I think you may need to improve on the body shape a bit more. From the angle of the picture, it has more of an hourglass shape. A man’s body is more of a triangle shape.

Is this better?

Much Better.

Update:

I added eyes and eyebrows then modeled some pants based of the character mesh

Did a animation test

the textures on my character are basic cartoon materials some have color ramps i use a spot light for the shadows with the settings for fall off for constant plus the distance to 100 to make the shadows 2 toned an the shadow with ray shadow on constant qmc. also i use a hemi light for the fill light.

I rigged my character with rigify

Also just ask if yall wanted to know how i did something or think I could have done something better
Thanks.
Sketchfab

For a male character be wary of making them too hippy.

I made some changes to the hip area

Can you do a draw over is if it needs more changes?

Looking really good. Nice work.

The chest from the side…that seem to extend a bit too far…

The neck could be a bit longer…

I think you did a bang up job there.

Looks to be a young male boy. About 12 to 13 years old?

I think you made your goals very well. How about starting a girl?

Keep up your hard work.

-j

I tweaked the neck and the shoulders and the chest and the hips
Does it seem better now or do i need to tweak it more?

Thank you for the feedback @James_Z and Everybody it all helps :slight_smile:
Press Play

Hey Z,

give me a front view and side without the perspective.

Here you go.

Hey my Friend,

I’ve got some tweaks for ya :slight_smile:

Keep in mind you have a good character here. Hmm’k

Right now your eye needs more love…lots of love. The eye is the soul and it is HARD to do. So, struggle, cry, wimper and moan over it…god knows I do and I still get it wrong.

The mesh of the eye from the side is off…we should see more like what I’m showing…

Moving on…

the Neck…perhaps not quite as high as I show but something a bit longer will help for anime esp.

Shoulder need to drop a bit

Chest a touch smoother, unless he’s really a girl pretending to be a guy…only the girls get that chest…:slight_smile:

Waist in a touch, just to show he has a rib cage…

Add more arm elbow

Leg Calf could be slimmer.

A lot of what you have could go as is…

It has style and a ‘look’, the tweaks I’ve given are sort of standard rule of thumb. Know the rules …then break’em.

Feel free to ignore all the tweaks…just my eyeball speaking any road. :slight_smile:

peace,

j

Thanks, @James_Z for the draw over I learned alot of things from and I based the alot of changes from it and made some tweaks of my own.

here’s a 4 view if needed.

after today I won’t be able to post for a week and I will start planing a female character during that time.

Well Done! I think what you have done has really improved him.

I hope you had fun with him :). I look forward to seeing more of your work. The next character should be a lot easier for you now that you’ve done him.

-j

I did alot other characters before this one, but this my current best one I feel like a flew through it an enjoyed it.

The Main goal for this character was to test a guidelines system for modeling 3d anime characters I had a idea for and to see how well it worked an it passed an surprised me how well it worked it.

As for Plans I think I’m gonna make a animation with him later on. Maybe a very epic waltz with the female character .

Been practicing making my clothing look better i really like how this outfit looks an also I made few other improvements