Performing the same Edit Mode commands on Multiple Objects

I am using a community made plugin for editing models in a video game on Blender 2.49 (I can use 2.69 if needed).

Since I am required to adhere to the same file size and format when reimporting into the game files, I am limited to maintaining the object names, orders, sizes, and other information. Really all I can edit is vertex position and UV maps.

When I import a model into Blender, I get sometimes hundreds of objects within the scene. Is there a way to apply the same commands to multiple objects without Joining? Unfortunately, any edits made in “Object Mode” do not translate to the tool, all edits must be made in Edit Mode.

For example, I want to move multiple buildings +5.25 on the Z axis, but hundreds of individual objects make up each building. The move needs to be done in Edit Mode for each. Unfortunately, my best solution thus far has been to create a mouse macro that does keyboard shortcuts for me after right clicking each object manually.

Why not just select objets and G5.25 in Object mode?

unfortunately, any positional edits done in object mode do not affect the model when importing back into the game files, everything needs to be in Edit Mode. The tools for the game only extract vertex positions, so its far from a good import/export tool.

You could try joining everything into one object (select everything and press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘j’), then move the buildings in edit mode and split into separate objects again by pressing ‘p’ -> ‘loose parts’

if I remember, I would then need to rename each object, also each object may include “loose parts” that I would need to join again.

I have very little programming knowledge, but I can recognize the part of the plugin that names and splits each object. Am I allowed to post the import/export .py files here to see if someone can tell me how to modify the plugins? I think we could edit it to import everything into 1 object, rather than hundreds. They are both just over 100 lines, not too large, if that matters.

I dont understand, if you move objects, vertices positions will change. Whats the difference if its in Edit mode or Object mode.
One reason could be that addon uses local coordinates of each objects. But then you can move objects in Object mode and change objects origin points all to center (0,0,0).

Beautiful! Yes, this works. I do the moves as needed, then transform > Center Cursor

In doing this, rotation edits do not get exported though. Is there any way to bring those kinds of edits over too?

Maybe you have to Object > Apply > Rotation.
Same : Ctrl+A > Rotation

Thank you very VERY much! You’ve turned a very tedious process into something that is just, simple. Thank you.