Cycles Volume lighting, A chair and two particle systems

Hello,

These are my projects for the week. I have been playing with Cycles volumemetric lighting as well as particle system settings.

I actually had the idea for a while to put a wooden chair in a dark room like this for a while. But I wanted to do it with cycles. And until recently it wasnt supported. Overall I am just trying to get better at my texturing and setting up my scenes. I would really like to know what those more versed than me with Blender think and of course take any advice to become an overall better artist.
Each image was rendered in cycles at 1000 samples and no caustics. the only post I have done thus far is gimping out some fireflies. They are WIPs so ignore the bald spots in the foreground. Ill more than likely blur them out.

Thank you

Looks good! I’d suggest making the spot light in the second pic a bit less brown. More of a light grey with a hint of brown would look more convincing :slight_smile: The first pic looks really good

Perhaps it’s just an illusion, but it seems like the chair is a little too wide for its height. Otherwise it looks nice.

Very well done…striking moods that contrast each other…a painterly feel there that I like very well indeed.

Makes me want to see the ‘day’ chair and the ‘night’ chair and somehow see them blended together in one picture.

Outstanding!

-subscribed.

j

Splendid! I just love the grass.