BA error login even with correct username and password

Hi,
i keep getting this message from a week or so, i don’t do any errors though

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again.

This happens even if i try to log the first time, no multiple attempts. I usually access BA from two devices (PC and tablet), but always logout once finished and i fill the username and password with autocomplete function or carefully typing by hand, no typos.

Thanks

Please include the browser and OS(s) you’re doing this from.

Ive been having this error to, on Firefox 27 + most recent version 29x. And also IE 9.

It started on the 8th of April.
Over 3/4 days I tried to login via blenderartists.org, though I got the same message.
And if trying to login via blenderartist.org, It said Thank you for logging in, but then I wasnt logged in.
Even though the user name dirty-stick was logged in… I on my computer was not logged in.

After changing the cookie session setting via about:config, the problem seemed to dissappear.
Though the next day I couldnt login again… Now today I can login.

Im not sure what was causing the problem.
I did many tests with the cgcookie crew, I thought the problem was solve but, I dunno.

Windows 7 home 32 bit, Firefox 27.0.0.5129.

Sorry, PC i’m on Win7 64bit, Chrome browser // Tablet Android, Chrome browser.
Thanks @dirty-stick for confirming.

Its like this when I cant login.
blenderartists.org/forum Wait 15 minutes. Not logged in.
elysiun.com/forum Thank You for logging in. My username is logged in but im not logged in.
blenderartist.org/forum Thank You for logging in. My username is logged in but im not logged in.

14 April 2014: 10:48: Cant login.
14 April 2014: 12:50: Cant login.
14 April 2014: 13:00: I rebooted my router and checked all connections. Though im not sure if that was the problem.
14 April 2014: 13:06: Can login.

It happens here too and gets worse. I’m not able to log in on freshly installed pc, linux, updated to the last bit today, FF. Keeping cookies alive on other pc, afraid even touch that department.
Message is the same - Failed login quota limit. Wait 15 min.

i had the problem when i first tried BA, so i reset my password and it worked (although i didnt get the quota error)
now i dont type my password in, i just use keepassx

Had the same today and reset my password.
Also I got the notice about failing quota.
My system is a Win 7 64Bit and it was the same with FF 28.0 and Chrome 34.0.
I did even not log in before, so I do not know, when I should have exceeded my quota :frowning:

Anyways, something was interesting:
I got this message from BA-forum

Dear AltShiftCtrl-C,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Blender Artists Community with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 173.245.51.176

When you have a look to the IP address, I can say, it was not mine :slight_smile:
Funny thing: it’s the IP of cloudflare, the service used also here to protect the site from hacking and also to keep it better reachable.
Is this normal behavior, that we are logged in with an IP from cloudflare instead of our own?

When you @dirty-stick wrote, it happened around the 8th of April for the first time, could it be related to Heartbleed Exploit?

Same here, email with the same warning, slightly different IP (last 3 numbers).

Quite annoying :confused:

@marcoG_ita did you check the IP, is it even a cloudflare IP?

Sorry for late reply, yes was that, but two sites said two different places for the same ip (USA and Norway) i have no idea about such stuff though.

Now seems solved changing psw.

Could it have something to do with logging in from two different computers? Login works with my workplace’s computer. Or maybe the problem has disappeared, have to check when I get home.

I havnt had the problem since April 14. I was getting the cloudflare ip via email.
Im not sure what the problem was, I couldnt login with any computers, maybe it was my router getting stuck for some reason, or maybe cloudflare was doing something, or maybe my isp was doing something.
It seemed like the problem was time based, I was able login a few times while it happend, but most the time I couldnt login.

Hey guys,

I wanted to jump in and see if I can help a bit. Next Wednesday I am looking to apply a small patch to the site. I don’t think it will affect any of these type bugs you are experiencing, but will be able to focus in on it.

1. Logged out/in bug appears to be related the .htaccess file is redirecting users from http://blenderartist.org to http://blenderartists.org Note the “s”. Just a sneaky little bugger that needs to be squashed. I had thought if you make sure the S is in the URL it will keep you logged in while browsing through the site.

2. 173.245.51.176 IPs are from Cloudflare and no reason to be alarmed if you see those IPs, though I think if I can get some dev help we can set up the application to ignore those and show your own.

3. Ref: heartbleed, the server was patched immediately by Rackspace before it was publicly announced, though as everyone everywhere is recommended, just change passwords to be safe.

Apologize for the late response and if you have any questions please reach out to [email protected] or http://support.blenderartists.org

Hey Wes,

thanks a lot!

Regarding 1) I can just say that for myself I usually use bookmarks from what I browse my fav sites (BA is among these for sure^^) and I checked them now, but they are all with the mentioned “S” :slight_smile:

1. Good to know and thank you again! Well, if that’s how it works, then I for myself do not need any change on this.

2. There was this list on github, but I even could not find BA mentioned there; it was just a concern, since it was around that time.

But it is great you get back on this issue!

Btw: maybe you can fix the e-mail address :slight_smile:
support@blenderartists.org

I had this problem today happening to me, so if you’re encountering it , contact
[email protected]

so they can help you to get back on the board.

Error login

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again.

I manage my passwords with Keepass, so no misspelled.

In the last 5 days I had to reset my password 3 times.

Please fix it.

Win7 64bit
Newest Firefox and Chrome

Keep happening again, today and yesterday, same as first post, already changed psw couple of times.

Hey guys - thanks for reporting these and I apologize for the late reply here. I’ve been trying to reproduce this here on my machines at the studio or at home. So far I’ve had no luck on windows or OSX machines. Heh, which is frustrating as I wish I could reproduce it so I could fix it! :wink:

If it is happening to you, could you please send an e-mail in to [email protected] and will work to have more dialogue and dig into local system specs, urls and try to squash this bug!

Same problem on Win 7 Fifox 33 / recent Chrome and Ubuntu 14.10 Fifox 33 . I sended an email…
Bad ‘quota’ on first login try… Reseted password and so on… Bad ‘quota’ again

But now i just logged by type inn Name and password into login windows directly. Fifox 33 on Win 7.

Previously i copy pasted changed password from BA recovery email. On two browsers, two systems with error.
I managed password on Firefox, so i cannot misspelled it on first time… and it work like before.

I hope this mystery will be solved soon.
Regards