Summer

Everything here beside the birds is made in Blender (I added them in Gimp). If you have an idea what I can approve, just let me know

I think it’s a good start. I would suggest you texture the ocean. Right now it is just flat blue. I would darken it a bit and some turbulence.

I’ll try it thx :slight_smile:

Here it is.

A very charming scene…well done.

I’d like to see some texture on the white of the light house…up to you what kind. It seems a bit too smooth if you know what I mean.

A few rocks in the grass could be nice…might add to your triangle composition—I’m sure you know that kind of thing. Nothing too big perhaps…I’m not sure myself…perhaps a few small ones just peaking out.

Great start. Keep developing it. I agree with whats been said above, and have a few suggestions to add.

On the right side of the light house is that a seam I am seeing?
The grass is a bit too uniform, try playing with your display settings like clump etc. Also add some random length grass blades. Here is a post of some grass I made recently as an example http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?333079

we should be able to see some sort of mass behind the glass. I mean there is supposed to be a light in there, we can see the sky through the light so we know its at least semi transparent. when you look at it your eye expect to see some thing in there it doesnt have to be an exact replica of a lighthouse torch, but there sould be something behind that glass that suggest it.

One more thing, play with the color and strength of your light source coming from the right. To my eye there is just too much white.
Looking at it again you could do two things to give it a texture that would suggest brick construction.

1 you could model and texture a few bricks and us a particle system to distribute them randomly on the light house. that would suggest bricks that have worked their way loose over time.

1. You could make a displacement texture of black lines on a white backround. you could use gimp for this. Then use the displacement modifier and use black line texture as your displacement map and set the scale to a really low number to just suggest some variations.

But as I said at the begining it is a great start and by no means am I an expert. But these are the things I would do.

Great feedback. I will try to do everything you said, and see what happens

In addition to what others have said, I would recommend turning down the saturation in the grass, or making it a bit more yellow. Right now, it looks very fake and much too green. It also needs to be a bit more rough and ransom. Night now, it’s wavy, but all the children particles are much too uniform. Give it some more clumping and a bit more endpoint roughness. Look at pics of some real dune grass for a reference.

The image looks very flat. This is probably do to the transition from the sky and water. You need to give the scene some depth with some atmospheric effects. Things should be come less clear and saturated as they move further away from the viewer. You can do this with the mist pass in the compositor.

It’s a nice start. I really like the wavy-ness in the glass at the top. It’s a nice touch.

Yeah, you are right about the grass. I’ll improve that. I will add a little bit of mist as well. Of course not to much cause it’s suposed to be a sunny day.