Lost in the Desert

Rendered with Octane. Thanks everyone for their feedback over at the WIP forum.

Inspired by the amazing Adventures of Tintin. The image tries to not copy or recreate the character or a scene from the comic books but to capture the essence of adventure that it so well exemplified. This is not supposed to be an attempt to rip off an iconic character but just a fan’s tribute to it. The copyright rests with the owners.

This turned out really well! I really like how you handled the background.

Updated image with better contrast. Wasn’t entirely happy with the contrast of the earlier render.

good texture work! the mountains in the background look a little odd , but other than that, i can totally recognize it

I like it! I think the size of the mountains could be bigger or look like they are set further back? The building the back next to the mountains makes me think that the mountain maybe a little too small…

The only thing that could make it better is Snowy. :yes:

turned out really nice, man. nice job.

This is great.So nostalic.Love Tintin.And Nice render.But wait…Where’s Snowie!!!

It looks nice! maybe I would have added a little mountain in the middle of the background.
Still, it’s a great job! :slight_smile:

The conditions seem to be a bit harsh to have taken your dog along, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

I know that’s a lame excuse. The fact is that i don’t yet own the Blender plugin for Octane and until i do, i dare not go anywhere near a furry object.

Thanks to everyone for liking it.

Great use of color