Alien Amazon

Hi All,

First post on Blender Artists :slight_smile:
Wanted to share a work I completed today - A dark fantasy / sci-fi alien amazon…

Here also is the youtube turntable:

You can also check out some more pictures on my blog:
http://kfirmerlaubart.blogspot.com

the 3d viewport

It looks amazing to me :o

How much of that was done in blender? Did you sculpt and retopologize, or is this just subdivision modeling? Looks really cool, woudl be interesting to see what your steps were to get there.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

It is only done in blender, as all my works are too.
The meshes are done initially in dyntopo, and then remeshed with the sculpting tools addon. no subdivision in this one… But in my next sculpts I will need to incorporate it into the workflow since it takes too much memory. This scene is about 3 million verts total.
the render was in realtime glsl.
here are some process wip images:

Very nice, and thanks for sharing that - it will no doubt encourage others to try the same

Great! I really hope it will encourage more and more people to use Blender as a sculpting application. I do that now, having a zbrush background, and I love it :slight_smile:

a very dynamic form - lots of flowing lines and curves. very nice work!

Really very impressive. Everything looks great and the concept is very nice.

Great job! :slight_smile:

Nice job! Especially love the modelling.

Beautiful work, kfir. It’s interesting to see how the character has changed as you’ve progressed. I especially like the anatomy of the Amazon, and the fine details of her armor are something to behold. Even with a lot of lights to manage, you’ve created some great renders showing off all the surfaces.

Five star work!

Absolutely stunning!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback!
BTW The concept art, as you can see with the progression pictures was made in Blender as well, I had a rough Idea that I wanted to create some dark fantasy amazon. With dyntopo I find great freedom to solve the concept art in 3d sculpting, so no 2d prior sketching concept or previs.

Fantastic.

You’ve talked of a sculpture addon for blender retopology.
What is it exactly?

Its the sculpting addon tool:

I really hope it would be an automatic retopology tool like the z-remesh tool in Zbrush, but this addon uses the remesh modifier in blender, and with the preserve shape option there, it gives slightly better results from the modifier. I use it to sculpt as if it was dynamesh in Zbrush

Amazing work, like all other of yours out there. Congrats! These renders show how underrated and untapped the solid gl render engine is, and what is it capable of with talent and practice.

This is some realy nice moddeling. Amazing.

Thank you!
The GLSL, really has everything I need to make a design “work” vs being an accurate physical render. An extra benefit of realtime visual feedback which is super great to always see how the sculpture will look like while working, rather then guess work until final render.
For more pictures you can visit my blog:
http://kfirmerlaubart.blogspot.com
I am now soon uploading a turntable of my next sculpture…

I’ve just said this on your other thread:

'AMAZING!!!

This image proves Blender as an excellent sculpting tool comparable to best stuff out there and kfir as an excellent artist on par with the best digital sculptors anywhere.

5* well earned’

Now I am even more convinced!

Excellent sculpting skill indeed.

Did this not make the front page?