Creating a Post-Apocalyptic Scene: East Side

I’m creating futuristic scene for my CG Film. This one is set on post-apocalyptic abandoned town like being slowly devoured by nature. I will make it as realistic as possible.

I will capture beautiful land marks with my camera and then model them in Blender. I will mix them up to create a city.

I refer to Crysis 3 for design ideas but I will not overdo it to the point that I will get a lawsuit from Crytek.

Progress (It will get more realistic as time passes by):

Designing the Junk Yard

This is the Junk Yard scene where Edward looks for working car batteries to recharge his armor as well as tools to use as weapons.

The Gate:
Reference Image

Progress:

(50% complete)

Attachments

seems promising! tho the foliage in first pictures seems a bit plastic and character (if it’s not template) requires more attention to details while compared to environment. Will try to keep an eye on this. :wink: Keep it up!

Alright I’ll adjust them. I will share some models when the scene is complete.

I added some fog to hide my PC’s limitations.

Nah. I lost all the blend files of this project.

Nice! Messing around with operating systems or broken hard drive?

Yeah I’ve been trying Linux distros. I accidentally formatted the wrong partition.

I managed to recreate it using some of the models used in the project located on my USB Drive.

Added some grass, plants and other green stuff in the scene to add to the deserted town look.

Major update coming soon.

Sorry to hear about your lost files, Hans; that is always a bummer. These new images look even better than your first ones, though, so it looks like you’re off to a stronger start thanks to your previous attempt! Your car textures especially look good.

I agree with the above, the latest screen looks great. I’m not sure about the grass patterns though? Maybe they should have a broken road base or something?

Yeah, I now modelled cracks and applied boolean mod on the road mesh. I also applied a hair particle system to the cracks meshes. The grass grows only to the cracks meshes that I modelled but sometimes it sprouts in the wrong place like in the sides of the crack meshes. I’m fixing that now. It just probably needs some tweaking in the particle settings so the grass strands only grow within the mesh, not on the sides.

I am also trying to mimic the SH Downpour fog.

I am now looking for lower poly 3d models of climbing plants. You know those things that climbs into walls and sticks like glue.

Looks like I captured the SH Downpour fog color.

Project resumed.

Hey that last renders are awesome. Really AWESOME. man greate work