[Addon] Massive Editor - edit objects / add modifier on multiple objects

This addon gives the possibility to edit properties on several objects or nodes in the same time. It can also add, apply or remove modifiers and keyframes to the selected objects or specific one (mesh only, lamp, blur node, …)

–> download Massive Editor addon for Blender v0.2

Any feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

Attachments

Great! Thanks very usefull addon.

Looks great but cant add a decimate modifer?

…looks very useful…
…i think it will have more power in combination with modifier tools from display tools…

I update it with the decimate modifier in the list. But you can also use the custom and write the modifier’s name.

I also add the “interactive” button in the property panel to have realtime update.

I realised that custom, requires caps lock! Now i can control the res of all objects, it great.

I’ve changed that also! You can now use lowercase, but I realised that custom doesn’t work with Apply and Remove button. I will fix it.

Wooo that’s super cool! thanks a lot i really always want something like that!

Thanks for this addon. I was searching for a function like this.

I’ve try it and it works great. How ever when once i’ve installed this message appear…don’t know what could it be…sorry i don’t know anything about coding.

Attachments

If that message didn’t appear before installing this addon, than it’s probably because you’ve once installed it in one folder (let’s say “addons”) and the second time in another (maybe “addons_contrib”). Like the message says, look in the console for details (the windows cmd console, that is - you can open it by going to “Window>Toggle System Console”).

Just a quick hunch - it’s unlikely you already had an addon that was named like this one, since I don’t recall ever being one named like this before, and you already said you don’t know any coding, so the chances of you actually having written one with the same name and then forgotten about it are next to zero.
So the more likely version is that you may have already had duplicate addons and you’ve just noticed that message now. This can happen when you update Blender by installing new versions in the same location (main folder).
You see, some addons, when they are in development, go into either “addons_contrib” or “addons_extern” folders, but once they are stable enough and get approved by bf, they are moved to trunk, thus going into the “addons” folder. In such cases, if you put a newer blender version in the same folder as the old one, the old addon, with the same name as the newer one, will still be in the “addons_contrib” or “addons_extern” folders. Just use a duplicate finder application and remove the older files.

thank you Mem. That’s was very helpful. i’ve saw that error in the past and now i understand what was about. By the way after closing and re opening blender the error disappear!

Why the hell isn’t this a standard Blender feature??
Looks useful as hell, gonna give it a try soon.

This plugin… :smiley: … Vincent… you genius. Thank you very much for sharing this gem of a plugin! Interactive mode is loads of fun! If this is just version 0.1… I can’t wait to see what you have in store for future versions. :slight_smile:

Not sure if this would be a worthwhile feature, but a small tweak I’ve been fooling around with is the ability to add a keyframe for the property.

Thank you for your comments!

JteveSobs > very nice to give me ideas like that! I thought also to add possibility to assign keyframes, I wasn’t sure if it was usefull but I’ll try to do that. For the moment I’m doing the massive tool to the nodes editor.

Node editor support sounds awesome Vincent! So many useful, time-saving opportunities there.

Have you thought about maybe doing a color type with a color picker? Perhaps for the increment it could use a color ramp gradient?

For the modifier section, it would be really useful to have an Apply as Shape Key button for the modifiers that support them (like simple deform, hook, wave etc.) (and support to edit multiple shape key values at once. The way the datapath is structured, as far as I can tell, it doesn’t currently work)

Also, an Add Constraint feature to parallel the Add Modifier section could be handy. (or maybe even some sort of “Add” section to add things like Particle Systems, Shape Keys, or Custom Properties)

Another possible feature could be the ability to have “n-number of values”, so you could choose how many value fields are displayed, and every successive selected object would have a value picked from the next value field. So a use case might be something like you have an array of 100 objects and you want every other object to either be moved in the positive Z direction or the negative while still incrementing the individual values either positively or negatively.

Hopefully these ideas are useful to you. I’ll have a go at implementing some of them. (And most likely muck-up your clean source code in the process :))

Looking forward to the node editor support!

Thanks!

great addon

So I did a little tweaking to the addon and this is what I came up with so far:

What do you think?

Also, there’s in a bug in the original version due to the conditional checks dealing with the custom modifier type: the Remove button doesn’t work.

Thank you for all your ideas! The ramp is a quite good idea, I will try to do something.
I know there were some problems with the modifier’s remove and apply buttons which are fixed now I think.

Did you already implement what is in your picture? That’s awesome!

I’d like also to find a way to edit several properties at the same time, it could be useful to edit location x, y, z together for example. Especially with the interactive mode.
I’m still learning Blender API and Python so, I don’t know all possibilities.

I didn’t really understand this part.