Balinese Barong Ket mask

The Barong’s got magical power and is the symbol of health and good fortune, in opposition to the witch, Rangda. Barong Ket (Lion creature) is the most common Barong…)

Modeled in Blender/ Cycles render engine 1000 samples CPU

I felt like back in the 90s because this image took me 8 hour to render. I think it is time for some CUDA power :smiley:

This one is absolutely superb. Excellent modelling, materials and attention to detail. I’d love to hear a bit more about how you created it!

Incredible!
I would like to see it as a new blender splash screen.
8 hours rendering? Something goes wrong here. You could stop all these glossy areas shooting photons around, you know.

Many thanks to you guys… I’m still a noob when it comes to render settings… I’m into Blender for 10 month now :smiley: I figured out that the particle hair made this render so slow… without the hair it takes round about 2 hours with 1500 samples 100% … I still use 2.67 (experimental) CPU…

I’m a bad modeler and I’m still learning so please forgive me that bad topology :smiley: I know there exist more elegant ways to do the gold pattern… but I have much time :smiley:

absolutely first rate, this should be on anyone’s list if they want to see how to put DETAIL in a scene!

Well done! :slight_smile: VronMahoni - what about the yellow material…
Is it a gold material or kind of yellow wood - colered?

Wonderful!

Many thanks. :slight_smile: The “yellow material” represents cold colored wood.

Wonderful work. 5 stars from me.

This looks great! Wonderful job, the colors are amazing.

Many many thanks :slight_smile:

Holly &$#@, beautiful!

Go CUDA :slight_smile: I wonder how that would work as free RayPump job?

Wow free render farm? Never try that before… Sounds great… I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: Thanks SuperMelon.