Based on real place: old hangar

Hi people.
My 1st big exercise on Blender.

Based on an old train station hangar near I live. I took picture for texturing then mapped them on the objects. I did’nt took too much time on details, my goal was to give a realistic impression of the place by lightning and texturing. Not perfect if you look closely, but I’m OK with the result. There’s not light bulb in the lamp so I had to imagine what will be the mood by night.
Tech:

• Night scene: 3 blender lamps for the luminaire, 1 point lamp for an little extra light on the wall and 2 spots for the main cone of light. Both with slightly different shapes and shadow sizes.
  • A little photoshop for finetuning the image tone curves, color temp and I use a part of a real light halo to help realism of glow effect around the lamp.

Looks very nice, lighting is good and it’s very photorealistic. Did you use normal maps or is this just straight textures?

• Not sure what you mean. I applied textures taken on site on the entire object, then adjust them locally to match the mesh.
    But thx anyway. A good texturing make a lot of the scene working. the rest is the lightning. Will give you a screencap of the blender file.

A screencap would be nice to see. I was asking if you only used the image textures or if you made normal and specular maps out of them as well.

OK, textures, spec and bump. Very subtle tuning.

Some little adjustments on textures, gutter material, lightning. Much better now.

To compare I add the original hangar below:

The texturing and lighting are looking great.

Once you’re happy with them, are you going to imperfect the geometry (eg. rough-up the perfectly circular lamp-shade rim, vertically lamp bracket, and straight gutters)?

Good suggestion. Making these imperfections are not so hard so I’ll make it. Thanks for the idea.

not bad!!! not bed!!!