[Addon] Create Tab Hider

Most of the advanced Blender Users don’t use the Create Tab of the 3D View, because it’s much faster to use the Shortcut Shit+A. The Tab wasts only space. So this Addon unregister the “Add Primitive” Section of the Create Tab and the Tab disappears.
If you disable the addon, the “Add Primitive” Section will be registered again.

You can enable it by default and you will never see the Tab again.

If you find that usefull you can get it here:
Blender 2.71 and above:
http://www.pasteall.org/53669/python
Blender 2.70 and below:http://www.pasteall.org/52094/python

Thanks for this.

Hi Leon95,

A very useful idea! Thanks a lot. I adopt it…

Great!
1000 Thanks!

-Davide

I got an error for blender_2.70_19b82be:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/filip/Downloads/Blender-Builds/blender-2.70-19b82be/blender-2.70-19b82be.app/Contents/MacOS/2.70/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py”, line 312, in enable
mod.register()
File “/Users/filip/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.70/scripts/addons/tab_create_hide.py”, line 12, in register
bpy.utils.unregister_class(bpy.types.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh)
AttributeError: ‘RNA_Types’ object has no attribute ‘VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh’

I have the same error.

Win7 64
blender-2.71-8365ceb-win64

I Modified the addon this way and it worked for me. I made one for the Object mode and one for the edit mode

#Create_Tab_hider.py
bl_info = {
“name”: “Hide Create Tab”,
“author”: “leon”,
“version”: (1, 0, 0),
“blender”: (2, 70, 0),
“location”: “Not in View3D>Tool Shelf>Create”,
“description”: “Hides the Create Tab. For advanced Users who use SHIFT+A to add a object.”,
“category”: “3D View”}
import bpy
def register():
bpy.utils.unregister_class(bpy.types.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh)
def unregister():
mod=import(name=“bl_ui”)
bpy.utils.register_class(mod.space_view3d_toolbar.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh)
del mod
if name == “main”:
register()

#Create_Tab_hider2.py
bl_info = {
“author”: “leon”,
“version”: (1, 0, 0),
“blender”: (2, 70, 0),
“description”: “Hides the Create Tab. For advanced Users who use SHIFT+A to add a object.”,
import bpy
def register():
bpy.utils.unregister_class(bpy.types.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_object)
def unregister():
mod=import(name=“bl_ui”)
bpy.utils.register_class(mod.space_view3d_toolbar.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_object)
del mod
if name == “main”:
register()

I can’t seem to get this working with 2.70 or 2.71. (Also I don’t see any difference between the edited Uruburei made and the version I have.) Anybody have a working version? (Better would be a generic tab/tool hiding add-on so that I could finally banish the grease pencil that I never use.)

i wish i wish someone would write a script to get ride of tabs altogether or at least have the option to disable them. i cant stand tabs !!!. but that’s just my opinion. happy 4th of july

that’s also my opinion, moreover they are unfinished, and the promised features/adjustments have not yet been accomplished, addons spread all over tabs in every modes making total mess!

paolo

thank you mr price for creating this $%^'in mess , the interface was as good as any other program out there , not great but not that bad, AT ALL, so now all of us who never shared your view’s have to deal with these stupid f’n tab’s. aaaa who gives a shit. i’ll just find away around them haha. happy blending. mike kelly

I’m sorry that this thread risks to be rerouted from its topic, my intention was to point out that some of us “wish a script to get ride of tabs altogether or at least have the option to disable them”.

Anyway, I can’t see how Mr Price’s constructive critics could have hurt in any way; he stimulated a change, and a ‘UI team’ was instituted, who gave birth to Tabs, and then let them in a half-made state, not configurable and unfinished, that’s it.

paolo

blah blah…blah blah…blah

I had the same problem in 2.71 but I chage a little things like @uruburei and work fine in object and edit mode.

Download(you must extract and install the .py file)

Greetings!

Here is the code:

bl_info = {
“author”: “leon”
“version”: (1, 0, 1),
“blender”: (2, 71, 0),
“description”: “Hides the Create Tab in object and edit mode. For advanced Users who use SHIFT+A to add a object.”,

import bpy

def register():
bpy.utils.unregister_class(bpy.types.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_object)
bpy.utils.unregister_class(bpy.types.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh_edit)
def unregister():
mod=import(name=“bl_ui”)
bpy.utils.register_class(mod.space_view3d_toolbar.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_object)
bpy.utils.register_class(mod.space_view3d_toolbar.VIEW3D_PT_tools_add_mesh_edit)
del mod
if name == “main”:
register()

Hy Guys!
Is there also a way to create a addon to hide every tab we want.
for example: greace pencil > it needs a hugh space > i think as a panel under tool would be enough…

Completely agree!

Thank you. Very useful