Blender Pressure Sensitivity on Windows Tablets (new N-Trig drivers)

I don’t know how many people here own a Windows tablet which uses N-Trig pressure sensitive stylus technology (which accounts for nearly all Windows Tablets), but N-Trig just released new WinTab drivers for all devices using their tech, and although they didn’t specify that Blender now has support, I’ve tested the new drivers with my Sony VAIO Duo 13 on version 2.70 and the latest test build and it works! You can now properly sculpt on windows tablets! :DDDD

Its also however officially compatible with the following apps (including some Open Source favourites):
Anime Studio Debut 9.5 Version 9.5 build 9768
Crayola PhotoFx studio 1 Version 1.5.0.42, 1.5.0.46
Flash Professional CC Version 13.1.0.226
Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Version CS6
Corel Painter Version 12.2.0.703
Sculptris
MyPaint Version 1.0.0
Mischief Version 1.12
Zbrush Version 4R6
Adobe DreamWeaverCS6 Version CS6
Adobe Photoshop element 12 Version 12.0.20130925
Krita Version 2.8.3
Substance Painter Version 0.5.0

You can download it here - http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=wintab

Oh, I’m also in the middle of making a touch toolbar that will work with a range of tablets, and among other applications will support Blender fully (both Sculpt and Edit Mode) to make using it on a Windows Tablet much easier :slight_smile:

A very good news! Amazing…Thanks a lot Guy!

Does the Surface Pro 2 have this hardware? Because its graphical performance is quite a bit higher than the new Pro 3.

The Surface Pro 2 uses Wacom digitiser technology, so it could already use pressure sensitivity inside Blender, but the Surface Pro with Wacom’s Companion tablet are the only two devices on the market to use this, every other tablet to my knowledge uses N-Trig. The Surface Pro 3 however uses N-Trig. Also, the graphical performance should be near identical between the two devices as they’re both using the same Intel chipsets, the only difference will be the higher pixel density in the Surface Pro 3 that will be more graphically demanding, and the cooling that will allow the CPU to run on higher speeds depending on whether the thermals have improved or not.

According to Anandtech, the SP3 does better in many tests, but suffers regression in others. They suspect that it has to do with thermal issues in the new, super-slim case.

http://anandtech.com/show/8077/microsoft-surface-pro-3-review/6

Engadget found similar issues with the GPU being significantly slower than the Surface Pro 2.

I’m primarily interested in the SP2 because of price (Less than $600 used!) and the more robust screen which doesn’t deform under pen pressure.

I see, fair enough :slight_smile: