Project: **StarCom**

Hey everybody,

maybe some of you still remember the 80’s animated series “Starcom: The U.S. Space Force”. The series were based upon a motorized toy line. Frankly there were the good ones (American Astronaut Brigade), called StarCom, and the evil ones, called Shadow Force.

In this thread I will try to keep track of progress generating some (hopefully all) of the vehicles, characters and assets which existed as toys and maybe create some nice scene compositions of both parties fighting each other. Let’s see how far this project will take me.

Hopefully posting my progress on this project in this forum will help me to keep constantly working on the project!

I hope you will like some of the coming content, just let me know what you think about it.
(btw I did some research if such a project on StarCom already exists in this forum, but couldn’t find any. Correct me if I’m wrong about this!).

[SUP]Thread thumbnail
[/SUP]

The first vehicle in this series will be the H.A.R.V.-7.

I actually started this model about two years ago but at some point I got stuck with the modelling process and abandoned it without finishing it. Since I made some progress concerning my blender skills I decided to get back on this model an started retopology and continued to work on the missing parts.

This image shows the last revision of the model with some textures applied to it. I know what you will say first, there’s something wrong with the camera. Must have changed some settings there without noticing it. I corrected it for the newer version:

At the moment I am working on modelling the missing guns, controls and other assets!

Just a short status update one my progress:

Modelling of the H.A.R.V. 7 is actually complete, at the moment I’m creating the textures and maps.

Status-Update:

This is an image of the actual toy.

Slowly making progress…

I remember this show! The level of detail that you have put in on the vehicle is very impressive - are you planning on rigging it to replicate the magnetic and clockwork action of the original toys?

Thank you rjandron! Yes, I want to make some animations to demonstrate the functionalities these toys used to have!
I’m still undecided wether to go for a more realsitic look, the original toy look or for some comic look with freestyle though…

Cockpit done so far…

I call this one done… :wink:

Maybe the color of the upper part needs some fixing to a brighter one, but right now I think I want to keep this state as final result!

I cerated a little animation with the H.A.R.V.7 in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYDO888SpnA
I also added a container to the vehicle:

I started creating a pilot for the HARV7:

I think I just missed that show haha, but this is a pretty cool idea! What are the odds you’ll make the Alien toys from the '90s?

Aktually I don’t even know the Alien toys from the '90s! :o Maybe they never made it to Germany?
But regarding the fact that I hardly find the time for working on the StarCom project, I think it’s rather unlikely that I will make them, sorry! :(:wink:

Awesome detail you are putting into this, I love the renders in post 10. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Falkbeard, very kind of you!

Sigh… Hardly making any progress on the pilot, but never the less:

Google them, they’re awesome!

Also, thanks for making me cry.

In any case good luck with StarCom! Looks great so far!

Finally, after a break of several months , I managed to go ahead with the StarCom Project. The next model will be the ShaodwBat, a flying unit of the bad guys. WIP so far:

More to come…

Status update:

Finally finished the Shadowbat today. But the mini-aircrafts which are placed on he Shadowbat’s wings are still missing. They will be my next project-step.