Blender Render suddenly turns everything black

Hi all, I’m sure this is one of those things that will require a really simple and obvious solution but I can’t understand what’s going on.

I have been working on a building lately and I recently discovered the environment lighting which is awesome because it’s useful when working on a project.

However, when recently reloading the .blend file, everything got rendered black. I never used a light source in the first place, so I don’t know what’s going on. I thought I might have touched some setting without noticing it, but everything seems in order. Also changing the settings doesn’t yield any visible different result.

I’m using Blender Render (2.71 rc2), Ambient Occlusion of 0.30, and Environment Lighting of 1 (white). This is the difference between what it used to be and what it renders now:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/F6g69.png

One more thing: The other .blend files I have work as they should, only this one turns black. What is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I’m sure this is one of those things that will require a really simple and obvious solution
Especially if an example blend file is supplied so that other people could check it out. Unfortunately that isn’t the case here.

Sorry, it’s a very big map/mesh so I didn’t think of uploading it. I cut it down to some simple stuff for the sake of the topic. :slight_smile: Here you go, it’s ~650 KB.

environment.blend (639 KB)

Render / Shading settings, enable ‘Shadows’

Ahah awesome, thank you very much! :slight_smile: Like I said, obvious. :stuck_out_tongue: