Petrosfera - Bedtime Monster (Short animation)

So here it is, all done by me including the music.

Hope you guy like it ^^

Oh, and the software used was blender (of course), after effects and reaper (for the track).

EDIT: now there is a Making Of, which you can find here:

Attachments

This is so cool ! Really weird combination of visuals and audio, I like it. The animation is minimal but very snappy and polished. I’m not too fond of the girl’s design but I love the monster. Great posings for him.

Hadrien

excellent, I really liked it, very cute.

Wow nice animation very fluid i like the music too :slight_smile:

I like this, I really Like This!!! :evilgrin:

Excellent work, by all means.
Thank you for posting a work of such quality.

WAW!
So fantastic animation and character design.
I join Michalis on this, everything looks so professional and nice.

Wow guys, thanks for all the love :smiley: I really appreciate it. And Hadrien, thanks for the input mate :wink:

That monster is awesome! Please do more with him.

really really loved it. congrats

Thank you ^^ Not sure I’ll do more stuff with the monster though… his rig is kind of a pain and sort of aimed at the movements i wanted to make for this animation specifically, but you never know :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent work! Very fluid animation and great lighting!

Thanks. Most of the lighting effects are fake, using matcaps and stuff ^^

Love it!! I liked how you took the music of the musical box and made it dramatic.

A fantastic job in all aspects!

In someways, the short, get right to the point storyline works really well, but then in on the other hand, it made me want to see more. I could envision really building up the “scary” scenes of the monster a little more to really give the viewers a sense that this thing is going to bad news.

If this was designed in anyway for children to see, than the way you did it was absolutely perfect.

love the ending :slight_smile: how cute :slight_smile:

that are 49 very pleasurable seconds! so much story in such a short time. wonderful creation!

Animation and effects are awesome but I didn’t like the ending.

Cute ! i like the animation and it is very smooth. Great job.

Very nice indeed. Also loved the music!