The Oops view

Hi guys,

Recently, I have learnt about an old feature of Blender: the Oops (Object Oriented Programming Schema) view; it seems a handy little UI feature that displays in graphical format the relationships between datablocks and objects in the scene; according to my research, the Oops was available in Blender 2.49; I rushed to install that respectable version of Blender, but the Oops is nowhere to be found (I mean that I could not find it).

1. Does anybody know where the Oops view can be found within Blender 2.49 UI? or, is the feature found in an older version of Blender?

2. Is there any add-on that can offer the Oops view functionality (or similar) for Blender 2.71?

I think the Oops view is optimal to understand the blend file at a glance, and also troubleshoot/clean it up. That would be an awesome addition to Blender’s current version; in cases like this, I wish I was a Blender programmer!

Sept

1. Does anybody know where the Oops view can be found within Blender 2.49 UI? or, is the feature found in an older version of Blender?

Split the view and change one window to an Outliner window. Then use the View / Show Oops Schematic menu on the Outliner header

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your fast and accurate answer (I cannot believe I missed it!). Do you know of any Oops addon for Blender 2.71?

Kind Regards,

Sept