My Star Trek Enterprise

After seeing someone else do a enterprise I thought I would give it a try. I still have a ton of work to do but I am making progress. Every time I start a new project I learn more about blender. All comments and tips to make it better welcome

I did not like the warp necells so I did new ones this morning

nice work
how did u do the bumps with map or mesh?

show us wiremesh

is it done in cycles?

happy bl

Great Job!!! Now just a little tip, the nacelles are a bit further apart and in the front view in #2 they seem rather large.

Here’s something you might find interesting…hope it helps

I did the panel separation as a mesh on the saucer disk. Then I learned how to bump map the panels in on the rest of the mesh. The ship is done with cycles and is built in sections. I agree the warp necells seem a little fat and I will work on fixing that next. Thanks Tommy for the link I seen that picture on a google search. I added more detail to the necells

You are welcome @squidmole…what I meant about the nacelles was this:

Your model

What I mean…

But having said this, great job!! and happy blending

can you explain how u did the bumps map ?
using GIMP …

thanks

@RickyBlender
Here is the node configuration for the bump map I used . I did not use any other software.

you had a pic of the top / bottom and just use it !

thanks

Tommy
Here is the picture I used

When the model is matched up its very close to what the reference picture has.

Fair enough, but in that case is just the size of the nacelles need to be tweaked…nice job anyways

Thats because the JJ Enterprise is different to the original Enterprise model. The nacelles in the JJ Enterprise are closer, the saucer uses a Star Trek TMP Enterprise saucer… The schematics you referred to is the original 1960s Enterprise and not the Enterprise this model represents.

Sucks… but what ya gonna do.

Nice work on the model btw!!

Well, call me old fashioned, but I’m a classic kinda Trekkie…I know my age is going to show, but I grew up watching the TV series and it bothers me a tad.

Don’t get me wrong, JJ’s has giving it what would be considered a face lift and some Botox to the good ol’ Enterprise. But IMO some things are best to leave them alone…but then again that’s just me and my OCD :D!

Nevertheless, great model…And as our faithful Spock would say “Live long and prosper!”

Thanks for the critic. I slimmed down the Warp Necells and for the heck of it I added a drydock to the scene.

sweet would love to have a model like that for my space ship sifi game.nice work!

Looking much better now, like the drydock. Keep on the good work and happy Blending :eyebrowlift:

Latest render. I added the earth in the background I have also nen working in the compositor a little

Sorry Wrong pictures

Attachments

I updated the Space Drydock. I changed some of the texture for the enterprise. Started playing with the compositor a littlle

I like to think that whenever there’s an episode where a crew member goes crazy, it’s because that crew member had been assigned quarters facing the glowing red tips of the warp nacelles, slowly driving him mad.