Panzerkampfwagen IV

Hello there,
I started this project as a school project. This is not supposed to be final project on its own. I plan on one bigger scene where will be a few civillian cars + two army cars + few planes etc… This is the tank for now and the scene that is a little bit older but will be used as a base - with many changes -

Attachments

So far it looks pretty good, especially for a low poly scene! Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

So, the next stage of the model. It is starting to look good, i think :slight_smile:

***Anny suggestions?

Hi. I think that the tracks would look better if they were modelled. Are You using subsurf?

Yeah, they would. I have it on my Waffentrager, but it is so lagging that is unpossible to handle location and rotation of the model.

So you should move modelled tracks to another layer and show them only for render (or show them as bounding boxes).

Thanks, Ill give it a try.

I tried it and the speed of the interface is way better than but i just cant seem to find the way how to show it in render when it is in different layer

So hi cergina… :slight_smile: This is looking good. When doing the render, it does not work if you select both layers? Click one layer then SHIFT + click the other. Or use numbers… 1 (the top row numbers on the keyboard) to select first layer then SHIFT + 2 to select the second layer.

Yeah, it works perfectly, I hope that it is synchronized in animation too :smiley: In the next few days i will be working on the rear part of the tank. There are no details for now. Then I plan on making a scene, where this tank would be on a bridge and Messerschmit bf-109 will fly above him. Somewhere in distance, will be a train. -never made one, so I gotta try. Finally with these layers it is possible. Thanks.

I dont know what is it caused by, but I seem to have little bit harder time today. I dont like the scene very much. I need some inspiration, otherwise it wont be good. I know that it is just in early stage, but I lost my idea… The first picture has some artistic feel, but the scene and textures, whole mixed looks awful…

So today I had to do something there after a hard day. It looks better now, but I hope that it will be better soon.

Maybe today some kind of better trees?

So, as a next step I would add there some tracks of the tracks.Iam curious how it will look.

Well, Iam trying to achieve at least some real-looking picture of two plastic models on a diorama. I will see how will it end up. :smiley:

Attachments