Project A-A

Hello Blender guys ! :smiley:

With a friend we’ve begun a project of a little short movie in 3D. We don’t know which title given to our project so we call it “Project A-A” (“A-A” because it’s our first names initials, intelligent isn’t it ? :eyebrowlift2: ).

SPEECH: This short will be about a little robot called STEELO (a play of words with the word “Stylo” in french which means “pen”, and the word “steel”) who will live a love story…

We have already made a first storyboard separately: so we should regroups our ideas soon.

The modelsheet of Steelo is ready and I am modelling him while my free time :slight_smile: .

I create this page to post our works and to have returns, advices and critices ! So don’t be shy !

A little turnaround of the progress : (sorry for the bad quality)

p.s: We are two french students so our english it’s maybe not really good as we want to be (you could correct us :smiley: ) and we have a lot of studies works… So don’t worry if we don’t post new things every weeks !

cool character, and it is looking good, but around the eyes, there are some shading artifacts. before you get too far, I think you should improve the topology in this area. personally, i would use the retopology / surface snapping tools. the edge loops should flow with the contour of the eye socket.

thanks for replying Modron :slight_smile: !
I have some problems with the shading and I will try to retoplogy the character as you adviced me.
When you say “retopology”, you means create a new mesh on top of the original with the snapping tool activate ? (like this ?)
I’m quiet a newbie in retopology but I will try it :wink: .

here’s a breakdown of the retopo process:
place your vertex, or vertexes in front of your model, then press the button on the main header that looks like a magnet.
In the options to the immediate right of that button, set it to ‘face’.
more buttons will now appear just to the right. press the one that looks like a square in front of a circle.
you can retopo at this point. if you move the vertexes, they will snap to the model surface underneath.
but in order to see things better, you should go into object buttons >> display settings >> x-ray
then, in your 3D window, while in edit mode, press N for a whole new set of buttons, and find the one that says ‘hidden wire’ in the shading panel.

Okay, that the process that I saw in several tutos.
Well, I’ll try this and I’ll post the result !