TARDIS Maker's Sketchbook

Hello, everyone,

I decided that it’s about time that I start a sketchbook. I’ve made a lot of little animations and stills that haven’t been posted anywhere, mostly just because I never really finish them.

So I’ll be collecting some of my older works here (the ones that I can still look at). And I’ll post some of the little tests, and unfinished animations.

To start everything off, I’ll put in my Bigger on the Inside animation that I did a month or two ago.

It definitely needs some improvement. I’m going to be completely redoing it, because I’m not happy with the materials.

Now, one more, this is a little particle effect I did using Jacques Lucke’s Animation Nodes:

I have a few more little things that will make it here in the next few days.

A modeling exercise I did. It’s not very good, but I’ll still share it.

Took about an hour to model, rendered with cycles at 50 samples and clamp set to 1.00.

Welcome to the Sketchbook Forum!! nice works…an Happy Blending mate

Thanks tommy1441,

Hopefully I can make some more stuff to post here. It probably won’t be as good as Doris’ for example.

Happy Blending

How about a Time Vortex for all the Whovians.

This isn’t the best, but I think it’s good enough to show. I think I need to slow it down.

I’ll be continually working on this as a side project to my TARDIS Interior, so you should see it improve.

A head sculpt that I just did. I’m not too happy with it, but at least it looks somewhat like a human so that’s something!

I’m not too happy with it, some of the proportions are off and stuff. I’m going to try to retopologize it now though.

Nice Work! Can’t wait to see more!

I see what you mean about te proportions, but its really good! How long did it take you?

Thanks,

@Danny1400
It took me two or three hours. I wasn’t timing it so I could easily be off by an hour of so. For me it’s huge, it actually looks somewhat human! Big thanks to Doris’ planes of the face tutorial on sculpt cookie and Kent Trammel’s planes of the face blender cookie post. Without those, that sculpt would look like all my other sculpts (There were probably about ten before this one), that had completely messed up proportions.

Here’s my progress on the retopology so far:

I think I’m going to call it quits for today on this. I might come back to it tomorrow.

After I finish the retopology and I bring back some detail with a multi-res modifier, I’m going to try and see what happens when I bring it into my fracture modifier build :evilgrin:

I’m starting to regret putting that lever that says “don’t pull” in my TARDIS Interior.

A bit of fun with Scorpian81’s fracture modifier.

My first real attempt to use GLSL for matte painting.

A bit more fun with the fracture modifier.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

That’s my BG comp entry. It took me a few days, and is probably the first real project that I’ve completed.

I come to you with a project that started from the sample of Andrew Price’s grass essentials pack. I started playing around with it, then I decided to try making the red “gallifreyan” grass. I then took the tree sample and made the leaves silver. That led me to make this:

What do you guys think? Am I going in the right direction? In a week or two I plan on having it finished and starting a focused critique thread.

I think it’s awesome, any updates on your progress?

Thanks!

I actually haven’t touched that model in a long time.

I just looked at it, and nearly threw up :slight_smile: I think it’s pretty ugly now, and the composition and color scheming is pretty bad too.

I agree, and yet I think there’s something to be salvaged there. I wonder if you took the brown and made it more rust like, or if you could throw it off center a bit to get a nugget of that golden ratio. Or more cities!

I have no idea what I’m doing myself, but I think this has some potential.

Fyi my username on cgcookie is jamesbaxter - so I think we’ve been in the same threads :slight_smile:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Okay, I remember you. Nice to see you here! :slight_smile:

I agree. I could probably do something decent with this, and I might in the future, just not now.