Singular Objective: Winter - Progress Thread

Hello all! I recently put up a demo of my Diablo-style loot drop system and figured I’d just make a thread with updates about my game instead of a new thread for each update. The game is called “Singular Objective: Winter” and I plan to make it into a wilderness survival RPG with light RTS elements. Below is the latest test video.

Things are starting to look like a game with player metric displays, and animations for strafing, walking backwards and attacking in place. The part of this video I’m really proud of is the dynamic way player metrics are changed. The day/night cycle affects air temperature which in turn affects body temperature depletion. Get too cold, you die. Movement speed affects calorie reserve consumption. Use up your reserves and you’ll die. Things are definitely nowhere near final, but a lot of progress has been made since my last post.

Let me know what you think so far. I’d also like any advice for getting more exposure when the game is more complete if anybody has any experience with that.

Pretty cool! I love the B&W look. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Most of the game will be B&W with certain important elements showing in color like the eyes of hostile wolves glowing red. Here is a preview of the Hi-poly wolf model I’m working on to make the wolf enemy:

and here it is in game:

Attachments

Nice work!

Keep at it, and don’t be afraid to ask for help!!

Very nice! The only thing I would add is some teeth to the wolf. Looks great though!

O: the wolf looks nice! it is a lowpoly?

Sweet graphics. Yeah, the wolf could use some teeth. The game itself looks not bad. You could increase the resolution on the shadow map of the sun, and the running animation could be a bit more intense. He kind of looks like he’s jogging more-so than running. Nice work, nonetheless.

Thanks for the input everybody. The wolf definitely has teeth now and a low-poly model. Here is a picture:

Currently I’m working on animating the move set for the wolf. Then I will write AI for it and post a more comprehensive update video with all the changes, including the suggestion for the player run animation. In the meantime here is a quick animation test for the wolf model:

I have the AI written for the Wolf!

You can see a video of it in action here:

As you can see, the AI is very effective at tracking and eliminating squirrels. I hope to find out how well it works against the player soon.