How do i get help ?

I want to know how to get help learning blender on this forum.

Depending on what your question is, simply post a new thread in one of the relevant support forums.

most of the time you will not get answers here so I find a lot of helpful tutorials on youtube.Not to say you will never get help but from my experience you are better off with youtube.I know there will be haters that say I am wrong but have a look at all the unanswered posts and you will see.:slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply, but sadly it is much more complicated than this, when i made a serious thread with detailed information no one cared to read and reply to it, so its seem if when i post alot of text most members internally react with TL;DR and does not both responding.

No i agree with you, that is why i made this topic to learn what i am doing wrong, and so i can know what the correct amount of text and information is so that i get actual help when i need it.

Or are are we forced to stay under 10 words for people to actually take the time reading it ?

Indeed, have a look at some of the unanswered posts around here.
I’m quite positive that you’ll find that many of them have certain things in common. Clumsy, unclear wording, for example. Or lack of relevant information (screenshots / .blend files). Or they show quite clearly that their poster spent little to no effort in asking his question, but demands lengthy explanations in return.

This is not a commercial support forum. Period.
This is a group of Blender enthusiasts spending their precious free time to help others. Help them to help you. The more information you provide and the clearer you describe the problem, the more help you will receive. But ask bluntly and lazily and you will get matching answers.

This is also not a learning platform per se. The “Tutorials, Tips and Tricks” section may provide you with user made tutorials for certain aspects, but this is hardly a cohesive “course” of lectures.

So, you started this thread because you didn’t get an answer to one question? Care to link to that so we can take a look?

Ah, now that I see it I remember that thread.
And I also remember being quite confused by it about what your problem actually is… So, for me that falls into the “unclear wording/not enough (relevant!) information” category.

In general: Most solutions for problems with Blender only work in a certain context.
Is it for a game? For animation? For exporting to another software? For rendering stills? Which render engine? That’s why it usually works best if you ask practical, project based questions: Show us the current project you are struggling with and tell us precisely what you want to achieve and what your issues are.

Your post even begins with “I have a problem with high polygon scenes and need a solution…” (so far, so good…;)), followed by “…but let’s talk about something completely different first”. And what follows are highly theoretical and academic (and a bit incoherent) questions without clear context.

Just a few of the questions I had after reading that post:
What exactly are his problems with high poly scenes? Viewport performance? Render issues?
What does he want to do: A game (LOD)? A Cycles still render (What would he need a LOD system for)? No, wait: This is supposed to be about modeling. A LOD system for modeling?!
Why would modeling a large landscape necessarily create “big and obvious seams and holes”? Or does he talk about texturing now?
What has GLSL shading to do with all this? Especially if the thread title specifically mentions modeling problems? Shader experts will skip his thread because they don’t feel aimed at…
What are his problems with managing 10 million poly scenes? And what does he mean by “managing” anyway? He’s talking about Cycles, so it’s actually about rendering? Well, I have seen Cycles render scenes with almost 20 billion polygons - without “an effective LOD system”.

See? How are we supposed to solve a problem, if we don’t even know what the problem is? You’re expecting some kind of theoretical essay about certain features of Blender which we would have to write without the faintest idea if our work even remotely solves your issues.

Practical problems. Practical solutions.

Well thank you IkariShinji as this i the kind of reply i needed in that thread to at least know i did not explain it correctly or detailed enough, and without a single reply i can not even know i did something wrong or improve, still my points remain about lots of text versus less text, and how most skip reading the bigger text, even tho the experts like you may prefer more text but only when motivated to answer them, so its like a balance between facts, information and time the reader then decides if he wants to help out, and yes i know this is not a commercial product, but thanks for helping my improve my approach.

Support questions need to be focused. You’re almost right when you say there’s a TL;DR effect, but not quite. In the case of the post you linked to, it’s more “I have no idea what this guy is really asking for. There are fifty different questions in here and I can’t make heads or tails of most of them.” Pick a thing you want to know about and ask a clear question about it. If you have follow up questions after that one is answered, then you can ask those.

IkariShinji did a good job of describing why that list of questions was hard to follow and answer, but the other thing to realize is that when posed with that long of a list of confusing questions, the natural reaction of most people is to go find someone with a problem the feel they can actually approach. Lots of people ask for help here, so the general strategy for replies is one of triage. I’m not trying to be mean, but your post looks like a patient that we can’t save, so we moved on to someone else.

If you get no answer, or an unsatisfactory answer, you can always try bumping your post after a reasonable time period, or restating your original question in a different way.

sure theres a thread about “how” to post a Q??

mostly lots of info!! system specs!, at least the op sys(what I do on windoze may not apply to Linux~macthingy)
ram can stop some stuff in its tracks so can running a 64 bit addon on a 32 bit comp (IF that’s even possible lol )
good screenshots [hate the ones that carefully CUTOFF the bit I need to see to give a good answer]
a blend file !! not always possible

and read lots an lots of threads
and most of ALL remember this is one of the nicest forums anywhere !!!
if you don’t get help its 'cos no one knows what you need NOT 'cos they don’t like you :wink: