Game On

You can see the 3 console GIFs here : http://bit.ly/1tvVxQv
These are some short animations.

It is easy sometimes to look at video games as mind-numbing, alien-blasting, explosion-packed, non-redeeming wastes of time. Truth be told, the medium once thought of as child’s play has grown up a great deal since being embraced by the mainstream in the late 1970s.

These are some Video Games that approach art, and some of the best ones this decade had to offer.

Microsoft XBox 360 : Limbo
Nintendo GameCube : Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker
Sony PlayStation 3 : Portal 2

Wonderfull idea and realization!like it!!!

Nice I love the idea and everything! Just render with a few more samples please. A bit too noisy.

Those are really great animations! I would love to know more about how you made them! Especially the wind waker gamecube.

Cool! I enjoyed a lot playing Limbo, beautiful game, and the gif’s are superb!

the first image looks great!

Magnificent!!
I really like the Gamecube and The Legend of Zelda (my favorite console and game of all time :D), and their animation.
I agree with ItalianJoy on the Gamecube animation.
Good Animation on the other ones too

I agree with ImmortalZombie on the noise

Cool stuff and well done… minor thing though i just dont like lync’s eyes, i think the character would look better if the eyes were modeled as opposed to textured… also the gamecube animation is my favorite, really like that idea

Those .gif animations are the best I’ve seen, nice work, very inspirational. :slight_smile:

Wow, the gifs are exceptional! Very beautiful and smart done :)!

My memories of the Cube exactly! Super job.
I’d love to see some water leaking out of the controller ports too :slight_smile:

Thank you so much guys ! I am glad that you like these GIFs, this was my first time with animation, I have only been making still images before this project.

Here is some information on how I made the GameCube, the other 2 scenes follow similar steps.

1. Ocean : The blue plane uses an Ocean modifier, with foam generation enabled. I use Boolean on it so that only the part that is contained by the GameCube is visible.The ‘Alignment’ setting is enabled with direction so that the waves go in one direction, which helps create an illusion like the boat is moving.

2. Boat : I have used ‘Copy Location’ and ‘Copy Rotation’ constraints on the boat which copies the Loc. and Rot. of the vertices of a plane which is ‘Shrink-Wrapped’ to the Ocean. This helps to give the floating effect.

3. Holdout : The big grey mesh attached to the lid of the GameCube has been assigned a ‘Holdout’ material, so it doesn’t let anything below it to be visible to the camera. So when the lid closes, parts of the boat don’t ‘come out’ of the lid.

4. Lighting : Two different render layers are used, one for the Wind Waker scene, and the other for the GameCube scene. Different lighting is done for each render layer.

5. Minor animations : Link’s cap and the boat’s sail, both use Shape Keys for the wind effect.

I hope I was clear enough, hope this information proves helpful for you guys.

Keep Blending. :slight_smile:

GameCube times… good times :smiley:
Very nice gifs i love it