Challenge #596 (21/11/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #596 for Friday 21st of November 2014 is: Mystery

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 24th of November 2014.

sorry guys out of this one
got two huge scenes i’m working on
one for my movie and another for the blender guru comp that started this week
might be out for about 2-3 weeks

This is one of my favorite Magic the Gathering card arts. The name is “Temple of Mystery”
I love the idea of trying this in blender, but I don’t know if I will have enough time.

Man, you scared me DRoss. I saw the picture and thought might as well skip this week, can’t measure up with that. But then I read the text and see it is only an inspiration. Good luck with it if you attempt it. I know you have the skillset to do it.

I’m thinking along similar lines, but highly doubt I’ll reach that level.

Awesome theme this week! I hope I can make an entry. That is a beautiful image DRoss.

DRoss that is awesome image I would like to see it rendered in Blender when you have time.

“Amelia”

Cycles.

Nice one Photox! It’s, ah… w-what is it about…?

Hopefully I can squeeze some time to make an entry this week.

Just a guess but I think… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Earhart

Thanks dan-r. Get your blender on and let’s start this WEC!

Ryeath is correct, it is an homage to the mystery of Amelia Earhart’s final flight, lost somewhere near Howland Island in the Pacific.
I used this photograph for modeling cookies used in the render. Mmmmm, cook-ies.

I see, I thought it must have had something to do with the plane. But my knowledge of aviation history is a bit lacking (though a little better for having read that wiki page).

Time to think up mystery to model!

I am making a scene, but in the interest of being mysterious, I decline to comment further.

Pure entry. Rendered in Blender Internal. Some touches in the Compositor. and a subtle “ripple” effect in Photoshop.

Wow these are great renders can’t wait to see what others come up with.

It kinda looks like it could be the library of Alexander which according to the movie Tomb Raider was lost in the ocean. Good use of ambient lights.

I thought I was going to finally have time to do a good entry this week, but did not have as much as anticipated. Had to just toss some textures on real quick.

Open entry (I reused the person from another challenge), and some textures from the internet. Cycles.

Attachments

Here is my non-competing entry:

Everything

RobertT

I may add to this a bit but I didn’t have time to add the volumetric parsley right now, so I’m submitting as is…entitled:
Mystery Meat
(edit) I added a couple of tentacles, so I’m going to update it shortly…
…brb
(edit) OK here is my improved render:
Mystery Meat

In the end, all messages are to short.

The search for knowledge.
Was going to fuss with the books a bit more but I wanted to post tonight.
Off to bed.