Couple car modeling questions

Hi, I started this model of my old 1991 Firebird about 3 years ago, then sort of abandoned it for a while. This is far from done and I want to get back into it but I have some questions. How do people work the lines between the panels? Like between the hood and front bumper or front fender? And how do people attach wheels to the rest of the car? Do you actually model all the suspension? I’m very new to modeling (Or I was when I started this project) and this was the first project I started.
Now I know this model is riddled with flaws, for instance, I am still working on the lights, they’re definitely not finished, but am I on the right track?
Thanks.

Attachments

You attach wheels by selecting first the wheels, and after that the car. Then just press Ctrl + p, and select object.*** My portfolio : ​http://adamszablewski.cgsociety.org/

Well, I knew that, but I meant, do people actually model the suspension, or is it just implied? Most likely people wont see that anyway, but is it necessary? And what about the body panel seams? Do you just leave a space or do you fold over the panel? Does that make sense? Thanks.

Most of the time you never see how the wheels are attached, so I usually just leave them “floating”, unless you are aiming for absolute realism and detail. And the panel seams are usually just spaces, yes.
Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you, yes that helps :yes: