Viper in Launch Tube

Back in May I made a render of a Viper being launched down the Battlestar launch tube.

I have learned so much since then I decided to revisit that and remodel and and texture everything in cycles

Fucking awesome dude! your render is much better than the old

First test animation for the viper launch. I do not like it so I will be changing the camera on the next test

looking cool.

Here is a update render. I added some rusted pipes and glass around the cockpit

Added a weathered look to the Launch Tube

You’ve made good progress and it’s nice to see the Viper launched. I enjoyed the video.

I’d agree on what you’ve said to the camera angles. There is a rule which is called the 180 degree rule (or similar). It says that your camera should stay on the same side of the subject during a scene. Otherwise the viewer can be confused.

The weathering is also a good idea. But I think it’s too strong. The rust on the tubes is very strong and the weathering on the beams is too repetitive. The same pattern is repeated all the time. The random node can help to avoid that.

I like the first camera angle which shows the ship approaching. Together with the smoke from the thrusters this has a nice cinematic effect, which is pretty nice in #6.

Thanks Minoribus. I have been playing with the textures but have no way to change the repetitive nature of the beams texture. Only one part of the launch tube is a mesh. The rest is mirror and array modifiers to make up the tube. I tried using a random node for that texture but again its not coming out the way I would like. I will have to work with this a bit longer.