Galactic Ore | Turntable animation, compositor test

Hi everyone!
It’s Nazza here and this time I want to share with you a quick turntable animation I did for testing purposes. In the last days I played a bit with Cycles shaders and with the compositor and I find out how extremely powerful and useful is the Blender compositor. I am a long time Photoshop user and I always brought my render outputs to Ps for any kind of need. I finally understood the great tool that is the compositor…and this quick animation is my way to celebrate this discovery :smiley: The moving glare effects are just perfect thx to the compositor!
Enjoy the video and let me know everything you want to share about it, about the compositor or write me what have you done the first time you discovered the power of the Blender compositor! :slight_smile:

Here a still frame from the animation.

Here a wireframe screenshot.

Cheers!
Naz

Awesome! This is would be perfect for a game. Great job!

I guess it would need some retopology first :slight_smile: but it could fit well in some game environment.
Anyway thanks for check it out!

This is very cool! It would make a nice loading screen for a game, as someone else mentioned.

That’s true :slight_smile: infact I used the galactic map’ track from Mass Effect 2 in the video. A scifi trilogy that I love.

It’s great!! Maybe you could add a red-green-blue shine layer, just small sparkles changing depend on light angle. I don’t know if you know what I mean, something like this:

You can write “opal” i google images

I can achieve this changing the saturation/color variation of the ghost glare effect in the compositor, but this is just for the light sparks. I don’t know how I could achieve this as an opal material in cycles.

t est génial !! Vous pourriez peut-être ajouter une couche de brillance rouge-vert-bleu, seulement de petites étincelles évolution dépend de l’angle de la lumière.

housse samsung galaxy s5
etui samsung galaxy note 4