Snowy Park Bridge

This year’s Christmas image is of a snowy park bridge with lamp:

The snowman is an improved version, everything else is new. The background is an environmental texture.

AO pass:

Not sure if there will be time to do much more, but still considering it a WIP.

Pretty nice. The bridge as well as the tree stick a bit out color wise compared to the more greyish background.
I only find the snowman doesn’t really fit. He is to “clean” imo. A bit more variety in the shape of his body parts and he would perfectly fit into the scene.

One more question for the understanding of the scene: I guess the story is that the snowman is happy about the snow?

Xerubian

That and it’s Christmas! He’s enjoying the general ambiance with the decorated tree, light, and heavy snow.

Agreed that the snowguy needs to look like he’s not packed around a preform mesh (which I think someone sells).

I’ll have to photoshop the background image. This version is desaturated in Blender to make the clear blue sky greyish white.

Thanks!

It looks great however what you can do to improve it is; 1) His arms don’t look like branches they are to straight and smooth. 2) another streetlamp on the other side of the bridge would give the image symmetry. 3) The christmas tree looks out of place, maybe if you put it more in the background and to the side because it looks as if it’s blocking the bridge. 4) Maybe if you brought the camera back a meter and put a path leading to the bridge it would frame the snowman better.

Yes, the snowguy needs work. The tree is actually huge compared to the bridge, and there is plenty of room to get around it. Some sort of path texture in the snow might help show that. As far as candlesticking the lamps goes, the reference photo had single lamps on each end of the bridge, and I attempted to keep the focus limited. I’ll see what it looks like. Thanks!

New version: Improved snowguy, reduced the size of the tree (not the ornaments) adding a rabbit for scale, went with a second lamp but added two birds as to not loose focus, messed with the saturation of the background image and model textures, and backed up the camera a little. Thanks for the comments.